Thread: Chewing own leg

Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

Default Chewing own leg

I am starting to worry about my puppy. She is 15 weeks old I got her 3 weeks ago. I have been cleaning her face, paws as well as rear and belly every time she goes out to potty. She started getting some pimples/blackheads around on her jowles a couple of days back. I also feed her on stainless steel bowls and clean her after. For the past couple of days she has started to what I can tell chewing on her own hind legs. I really donít know if she chews or just licks but sheís definitely going at it a lot. I donít know if sheís had an allergic reaction or is something normal for dogs who go outside but I am really starting to worry about her. Again donít know how to tell what she is doing or if pimples are normal around the jowels and itís not connected to the chewing. First time EB owner. Iíll attach some pictures of pimples blackheads previous post did not get any replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Chewing own leg

Also she started having diarrhea since all this started.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

What brand and protein are you currently feeding?

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    I am feeding the same one the breeder was feeding itís called Activa is a brand from a petstore here in TX. It also does have additives like for bully breed, growth and digestive and some coconut oil mixed in the dry food

Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

This is what Iím talking about on her jowels

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EduDL91 View Post
    I am feeding the same one the breeder was feeding it’s called Activa is a brand from a petstore here in TX. It also does have additives like for bully breed, growth and digestive and some coconut oil mixed in the dry food

I've never heard of that brand. What is the protein you are feeding and is it grain free?

Pimples around the jowls can be fairly common. Do you wipe her face after she eats and drinks? What are you using to wipe with?

8. Likes EduDL91 liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

I've never heard of that brand. What is the protein you are feeding and is it grain free?

Pimples around the jowls can be fairly common. Do you wipe her face after she eats and drinks? What are you using to wipe with?
    It is grain free itís chicken flavor. I do wipe her face I use Burtís bees hypoallergenic pet wipes but Iíve been told maybe to use malacetic wipes. She does not seem to have inflammation or redness in her legs. Forgot to mention that.

Bulldog Vet in Training Lalaloopsie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Chewing/licking hind paws could be a sign of itch in the paws ( and itch usually means allergy or infection, check between her toes). But I would also be very careful and thoroughly check her under and around the tail area, as bulldogs can’t reach their butt to scratch or lick, so they air lick or lick hind paws when there is problem around butt. Does she have anal glands issue? Does she have a tail pocket? Itching anus because of diarrhoea can also cause hind paws chewing/licking.
    P.S. guys who have females, did you notice air or paws licking when something is wrong with female private parts?

11. Likes EduDL91, 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I have never had any Burt's Bees that I liked. Yes, if Maude has an itch she can't reach, she will raise her back leg, and bite it a little, or do some air licking.
    "
    ďIt came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

13. Likes EduDL91, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaloopsie View Post
    Chewing/licking hind paws could be a sign of itch in the paws ( and itch usually means allergy or infection, check between her toes). But I would also be very careful and thoroughly check her under and around the tail area, as bulldogs canít reach their butt to scratch or lick, so they air lick or lick hind paws when there is problem around butt. Does she have anal glands issue? Does she have a tail pocket? Itching anus because of diarrhoea can also cause hind paws chewing/licking.
    P.S. guys who have females, did you notice air or paws licking when something is wrong with female private parts?
    She does have a tail pocket o do clean throughly itís not that hard because it is actually not that deep. Well she did start chewing her legs since she started with diarrhea. I do clean her every single time as she is dripping from behind after she goes. I donít know if maybe I irritated her behind. But the chewing is not excessive nor is she raw from any part. I donít think anything is wrong with her female parts seems normal nor inflamed or red.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    I have never had any Burt's Bees that I liked. Yes, if Maude has an itch she can't reach, she will raise her back leg, and bite it a little, or do some air licking.
    I see I will switch immediately to another type of wipe. Thank You.!

Bulldog Vet in Training Lalaloopsie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

It’s not your wiping that makes it irritated, it’s most probably the very liquid stools. To make get anus feel better you can put a bit of Neosporin ointment there.

17. Likes EduDL91 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads