helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Z
I will look up any of those brands as I only have 1 petco here in my town but maybe online would be better. I will try and add pumpkin next time see if that helps a bit. Thank You!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simply lose the chicken. [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] got you covered there. Acana has tripe in their kibbles n your dog needs a good probiotic. Tripe is a plus. After each wipe make sure you dry the face too

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Free 2 day shipping on Chewy.com if you spend over $49. I use it all the time, saves me lugging that big bag of dog food around.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I will look up any of those brands as I only have 1 petco here in my town but maybe online would be better. I will try and add pumpkin next time see if that helps a bit. Thank You!

Petco doesn't sell those brands. Not sure if you have a more "boutique" style pet store near you.

OP
E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
Petco doesn't sell those brands. Not sure if you have a more "boutique" style pet store near you.

I don’t I live in a small town in Texas I got only petco not even PetSmart and a local one but they only carry their own brand. I will try chewy.com I guess so would Acana be a good choice then? Any more additives or something I can add to the kibble that is recommended?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I don’t I live in a small town in Texas I got only petco not even PetSmart and a local one but they only carry their own brand. I will try chewy.com I guess so would Acana be a good choice then? Any more additives or something I can add to the kibble that is recommended?

I don't think Chewy sells Acana anymore but maybe their website will tell you where you can buy online. Acana is a good choice. You can add in a probiotic like raw goat's milk or fermented sauerkraut (in the fridge section, not canned). I also like to give sardines once a week (I buy the Season no salt added in water kind).

OP
E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
I don't think Chewy sells Acana anymore but maybe their website will tell you where you can buy online. Acana is a good choice. You can add in a probiotic like raw goat's milk or fermented sauerkraut (in the fridge section, not canned). I also like to give sardines once a week (I buy the Season no salt added in water kind).

Yeah I actually just looked up Acana and did see that they carry it in a local petstore about 30min away but it’s worth it. Also which of the Acana type would be recommended I see they have a bevy if options and the puppy one says it’s chicken based. Sardines huh?

OP
E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
Z

Simply lose the chicken. [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] got you covered there. Acana has tripe in their kibbles n your dog needs a good probiotic. Tripe is a plus. After each wipe make sure you dry the face too

Which type of Acana dog food would you recommend as the puppy one they carry is chicken based I think

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah I actually just looked up Acana and did see that they carry it in a local petstore about 30min away but it’s worth it. Also which of the Acana type would be recommended I see they have a bevy if options and the puppy one says it’s chicken based. Sardines huh?

I would start with the Singles line. It has just one protein so then it's easier to track if an issue comes up. Try starting with the duck and pear for a month and if no issues, switch to a different protein and so on. Acana is richer than some other kibbles so there is a possibility you will have to feed less of it.

OP
E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
I would start with the Singles line. It has just one protein so then it's easier to track if an issue comes up. Try starting with the duck and pear for a month and if no issues, switch to a different protein and so on. Acana is richer than some other kibbles so there is a possibility you will have to feed less of it.

That’s awesome! I did see the singles line they carry I just didn’t understand the breakdown of all of em this is literally my first time around. Sorry for all the questions. [emoji2960]

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That’s awesome! I did see the singles line they carry I just didn’t understand the breakdown of all of em this is literally my first time around. Sorry for all the questions. [emoji2960]

Don't be sorry! We're here to help!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
You can also check Petflow.com if you don't want to drive 30 mins! They carry Acana.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Which type of Acana dog food would you recommend as the puppy one they carry is chicken based I think

Sorry for late reply...I’m doing the home show for 3 days... trying to catch up on emails n all lol.. but [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] guide you perfectly.

OP
E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
Don't be sorry! We're here to help!

Sorry for the late reply had to travel to Dallas just cae back. But I actually found the local petstore carries the Acana Singles line purchased the lamb and Apple hopefully that will help her more than the other one. Really appreciate everyone here helping out in any way. Just a over concerned owner probably but again Thank you all for the replies.

OP
E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen

I did want to ask how do you give the sardines just one by one haha or do you serve half a can on their plate with the kibble or just the sardines? Sorry again [emoji23]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.