Thread: Chewing own leg

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Chewing own leg

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaloopsie View Post
    Itís not your wiping that makes it irritated, itís most probably the very liquid stools. To make get anus feel better you can put a bit of Neosporin ointment there.
    Oh well I did think she was a little irritated maybe from that now what would you recommend me doing in terms of food I guess I need to do a switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EduDL91 View Post
    Oh well I did think she was a little irritated maybe from that now what would you recommend me doing in terms of food I guess I need to do a switch.

I would stop chicken as that could be a common allergy for these guys. Maybe try a duck or turkey. If you wanted to switch brands, some good kibble brands would be Acana, Orijen, Fromm, Earthborn Holistics, Zignature, just to name a few.

Has her stool been tested for parasites? You can also try adding in some pure canned pumpkin (not the pie filling) or some slippery elm to help with the diarrhea.

I use chlorhexidine wipes to wipe Louie's face every day.

3. Likes EduDL91, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    I would stop chicken as that could be a common allergy for these guys. Maybe try a duck or turkey. If you wanted to switch brands, some good kibble brands would be Acana, Orijen, Fromm, Earthborn Holistics, Zignature, just to name a few.

Has her stool been tested for parasites? You can also try adding in some pure canned pumpkin (not the pie filling) or some slippery elm to help with the diarrhea.

I use chlorhexidine wipes to wipe Louie's face every day.
    I will look up any of those brands as I only have 1 petco here in my town but maybe online would be better. I will try and add pumpkin next time see if that helps a bit. Thank You!

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Z
    I will look up any of those brands as I only have 1 petco here in my town but maybe online would be better. I will try and add pumpkin next time see if that helps a bit. Thank You!
    Simply lose the chicken. @Cbrugs got you covered there. Acana has tripe in their kibbles n your dog needs a good probiotic. Tripe is a plus. After each wipe make sure you dry the face too

7. Likes 2BullyMama, Cbrugs liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Free 2 day shipping on Chewy.com if you spend over $49. I use it all the time, saves me lugging that big bag of dog food around.
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

9. Likes Cbrugs, EduDL91, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Petco doesn't sell those brands. Not sure if you have a more "boutique" style pet store near you.

11. Likes EduDL91 liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

Petco doesn't sell those brands. Not sure if you have a more "boutique" style pet store near you.
    I donít I live in a small town in Texas I got only petco not even PetSmart and a local one but they only carry their own brand. I will try chewy.com I guess so would Acana be a good choice then? Any more additives or something I can add to the kibble that is recommended?

13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I don’t I live in a small town in Texas I got only petco not even PetSmart and a local one but they only carry their own brand. I will try chewy.com I guess so would Acana be a good choice then? Any more additives or something I can add to the kibble that is recommended?

I don't think Chewy sells Acana anymore but maybe their website will tell you where you can buy online. Acana is a good choice. You can add in a probiotic like raw goat's milk or fermented sauerkraut (in the fridge section, not canned). I also like to give sardines once a week (I buy the Season no salt added in water kind).

15. Likes EduDL91, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

I don't think Chewy sells Acana anymore but maybe their website will tell you where you can buy online. Acana is a good choice. You can add in a probiotic like raw goat's milk or fermented sauerkraut (in the fridge section, not canned). I also like to give sardines once a week (I buy the Season no salt added in water kind).
    Yeah I actually just looked up Acana and did see that they carry it in a local petstore about 30min away but itís worth it. Also which of the Acana type would be recommended I see they have a bevy if options and the puppy one says itís chicken based. Sardines huh?

17. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Z

Simply lose the chicken. @Cbrugs got you covered there. Acana has tripe in their kibbles n your dog needs a good probiotic. Tripe is a plus. After each wipe make sure you dry the face too
    Which type of Acana dog food would you recommend as the puppy one they carry is chicken based I think

Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Yeah I actually just looked up Acana and did see that they carry it in a local petstore about 30min away but it’s worth it. Also which of the Acana type would be recommended I see they have a bevy if options and the puppy one says it’s chicken based. Sardines huh?

I would start with the Singles line. It has just one protein so then it's easier to track if an issue comes up. Try starting with the duck and pear for a month and if no issues, switch to a different protein and so on. Acana is richer than some other kibbles so there is a possibility you will have to feed less of it.

20. Likes EduDL91, 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)

I would start with the Singles line. It has just one protein so then it's easier to track if an issue comes up. Try starting with the duck and pear for a month and if no issues, switch to a different protein and so on. Acana is richer than some other kibbles so there is a possibility you will have to feed less of it.
    Thatís awesome! I did see the singles line they carry I just didnít understand the breakdown of all of em this is literally my first time around. Sorry for all the questions.

22. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads