Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Puppy face cleaning

  1. #1
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    51
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)
    28

    Default Puppy face cleaning

    Hello wanted to know around what age you started whipping your puppy’s face wrinkles mine does not have a lot yet and also have a super hard time with her staying still and not biting the wipe


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Likes BullyBoston liked this post
  3. #2
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,707
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11804

    Default Re: Puppy face cleaning

    Quote Originally Posted by EduDL91 View Post
    Hello wanted to know around what age you started whipping your puppy’s face wrinkles mine does not have a lot yet and also have a super hard time with her staying still and not biting the wipe
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Welcome!!! You start as soon as you own a bulldog. I use fragrance free baby wipes from Costco n you absolutely need to dry them right after the wipes. Folds needs to be dry as much as possible.

  4. #3
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    51
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)
    28

    Default Re: Puppy face cleaning

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Welcome!!! You start as soon as you own a bulldog. I use fragrance free baby wipes from Costco n you absolutely need to dry them right after the wipes. Folds needs to be dry as much as possible.
    She won’t stay still and keeps wiggling! I bought some Burt’s bees hypoallergenic I hope those are ok?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  6. #4
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,707
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11804

    Default Re: Puppy face cleaning

    Quote Originally Posted by EduDL91 View Post
    She won’t stay still and keeps wiggling! I bought some Burt’s bees hypoallergenic I hope those are ok? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes they are ok. Cheaper down the road if you buy in bulk Like them at Costco cause you will see you will be not just using them for folds. I wipe both my dogs their mouth/chin after their meals or clean their paws, ears etc.

  7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  8. #5
    Potty Trainer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    51
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Carmen
    Likes (Received)
    28

    Default Re: Puppy face cleaning

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Yes they are ok. Cheaper down the road if you buy in bulk Like them at Costco cause you will see you will be not just using them for folds. I wipe both my dogs their mouth/chin after their meals or clean their paws, ears etc.
    I actually did that today and was amazed at how clean she looked/felt. Really appreciate the advice will buy in bulk and clean after her!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
  10. #6
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    9,707
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    11804

    Default Re: Puppy face cleaning

    Quote Originally Posted by EduDL91 View Post
    I actually did that today and was amazed at how clean she looked/felt. Really appreciate the advice will buy in bulk and clean after her! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sadly It’s a daily maintenance. But heh, comes with the breed. Do start your dog on a good fermented food to her diet. Start now to keep a good clean gut n health.

    Here’s a few links for health n maintenance. If you have questions you ask away.

    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...tial-oils.html

    https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.co...oods-for-dogs/

    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...-approach.html

  11. Likes EduDL91, 2BullyMama liked this post
  12. #7
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    44,844
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    16040

    Default Re: Puppy face cleaning

    Quote Originally Posted by EduDL91 View Post
    Hello wanted to know around what age you started whipping your puppy’s face wrinkles mine does not have a lot yet and also have a super hard time with her staying still and not biting the wipe


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    welcome to EBN.... adorable picture! As Helene mention, it is a daily routine, she will get used to it, but it needs to be done to keep the dirt and infection away.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  13. Likes EduDL91, helsonwheels liked this post
  14. #8
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,201
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)
    5453

    Default Re: Puppy face cleaning

    I clean daily with a chlorhexidine wipe and then I also wipe with a microfiber cloth after eating and drinking.

  15. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  16. #9
    Wrinkle Wiper ldenne's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    119
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tiberius
    Likes (Received)
    125

    Default Re: Puppy face cleaning

    I would start as early as possible so she is used to it. We buy wipes in bulk at Sams club - fragrance free. We also use them to wipe is paws and he gets wiped after every poo outside.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •