Puppy face cleaning

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
Hello wanted to know around what age you started whipping your puppy’s face wrinkles mine does not have a lot yet and also have a super hard time with her staying still and not biting the wipe
a62ea2400e0ad2c38bbb5c761ba38acf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello wanted to know around what age you started whipping your puppy’s face wrinkles mine does not have a lot yet and also have a super hard time with her staying still and not biting the wipe

Welcome!!! You start as soon as you own a bulldog. I use fragrance free baby wipes from Costco n you absolutely need to dry them right after the wipes. Folds needs to be dry as much as possible. :)

OP
E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
Welcome!!! You start as soon as you own a bulldog. I use fragrance free baby wipes from Costco n you absolutely need to dry them right after the wipes. Folds needs to be dry as much as possible. :)

She won’t stay still and keeps wiggling! I bought some Burt’s bees hypoallergenic I hope those are ok?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
She won’t stay still and keeps wiggling! I bought some Burt’s bees hypoallergenic I hope those are ok? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they are ok. Cheaper down the road if you buy in bulk Like them at Costco cause you will see you will be not just using them for folds. I wipe both my dogs their mouth/chin after their meals or clean their paws, ears etc.

OP
E

EduDL91

Mar 7, 2019
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmen
Yes they are ok. Cheaper down the road if you buy in bulk Like them at Costco cause you will see you will be not just using them for folds. I wipe both my dogs their mouth/chin after their meals or clean their paws, ears etc.

I actually did that today and was amazed at how clean she looked/felt. Really appreciate the advice will buy in bulk and clean after her!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I actually did that today and was amazed at how clean she looked/felt. Really appreciate the advice will buy in bulk and clean after her! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly It’s a daily maintenance. But heh, comes with the breed. Do start your dog on a good fermented food to her diet. Start now to keep a good clean gut n health.

Here’s a few links for health n maintenance. If you have questions you ask away. :)

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/fermented-foods-for-dogs/

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/57090-holistic-approach.html

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

welcome to EBN.... adorable picture! As Helene mention, it is a daily routine, she will get used to it, but it needs to be done to keep the dirt and infection away.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I clean daily with a chlorhexidine wipe and then I also wipe with a microfiber cloth after eating and drinking.

ldenne

Jul 18, 2015
Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiberius
I would start as early as possible so she is used to it. We buy wipes in bulk at Sams club - fragrance free. We also use them to wipe is paws and he gets wiped after every poo outside.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.