Bulldog head tremors

Jojochocalate

Feb 12, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Do any of your dogs have head tremors and what do you do? My chunk just started them last year she is 3. I took her to vet she was on steroid pills for 3 months 1 every other day. I have a log I keep. They say only suppose to last for a few minutes hers last a where from 10 min to half hours shes not on the steroids now as there not great to keep them on .I noticeded when. She was on them she had a few and were mild now there ever other day and bad. They did a blood test said. Nothing showed up wrong. I hate she gets them do they go away or what did you try that helped? I feel horrible I talk to her try to distract her at times it works but not much.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Do any of your dogs have head tremors and what do you do? My chunk just started them last year she is 3. I took her to vet she was on steroid pills for 3 months 1 every other day. I have a log I keep. They say only suppose to last for a few minutes hers last a where from 10 min to half hours shes not on the steroids now as there not great to keep them on .I noticeded when. She was on them she had a few and were mild now there ever other day and bad. They did a blood test said. Nothing showed up wrong. I hate she gets them do they go away or what did you try that helped? I feel horrible I talk to her try to distract her at times it works but not much.

A few members will give their dogs a bit of peanut butter or like a treat. Also a while ago, I’ve seen it and other members too, someone posted their bulldog having a tremor and video it. He used Frankincense essential oil. This was all taped. One drop inside each ear. (Not where the canal start under the floppy part). One drop inside the paw pad all 4paws. Took a couple seconds n the tremors stopped. I personally know frankincense works as I use it all the time for my wear n tear shoulder n recently feel on both knees to the ground cause of one of my dogs Duke. Anyway, I simply rub it on my knee n pain disappears within a couple minutes. But for the tremors, we sure saw it on that video and it worked. I did keep the video but I’m not sure why it’s not working anymore. Came from FAcebook. Maybe the owner of the dog removed it. Not sure.

This was his message.

[MENTION=6424]Tank1023[/MENTION] (member’s name)

https://www.facebook.com/jerry.monte...14983522840126

This is my little guy sausage he has idiopathic tremors. We use frankincense essential oils on pads and ears and it goes away.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

There is an article on here about them... they are harmless and have no known cause or reason. As long as he responds to you and is not foaming or excessively drooling ... give a small treat till they go away.. can be kibble, frozen green beans.. anything to distract the muscles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online