Tear stains help!!!

buttercp21

Feb 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
King
Hello everyone, does anyone have any remedies or products to remove tear stains? Kingā€™s stains are getting pretty bad. Thanks in advance

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello everyone, does anyone have any remedies or products to remove tear stains? Kingā€™s stains are getting pretty bad. Thanks in advance

Duke had bad tear stains till I put him on raw n acv in their drinking water. All disappeared. Which one is it? I have no clue but Iā€™m not changing anything :). Heard ā€œBluā€ helps for stains.

lucysmomma

Jan 19, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Duke had bad tear stains till I put him on raw n acv in their drinking water. All disappeared. Which one is it? I have no clue but Iā€™m not changing anything :). Heard ā€œBluā€ helps for stains.

Whatā€™s Blu? Lucyā€™s are horrible too and we give her acv with her raw food every day. Super dark stains. DH cleans her face every day and we wipe/ dry after every meal. I know it can turn into a yeast infection, as of right now they arenā€™t bothering her.

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
Whatā€™s Blu? Lucyā€™s are horrible too and we give her acv with her raw food every day. Super dark stains. DH cleans her face every day and we wipe/ dry after every meal. I know it can turn into a yeast infection, as of right now they arenā€™t bothering her.

We wipe Murphyā€™s face at least 6 times a day with a dry towel because it gets so hot here so his face is usually wet from allergies then we use malacetic wipes before bed. We use hydro peroxide once a week just on the stain.
He also gets Zyrtec & his year stain area is as white as can be!!

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
We wipe Murphyā€™s face at least 6 times a day with a dry towel because it gets so hot here so his face is usually wet from allergies then we use malacetic wipes before bed. We use hydro peroxide once a week just on the stain.
He also gets Zyrtec & his year stain area is as white as can be!!

So do you think it's the Zyrtec, or the peroxide that helps?

Ty has AWFUL tear stains.

He
Didn't have 'em till he spent 2 days at the vet post neutering

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

I swear Dukeā€™s tear stains have gone permanently. You seem to give same food my dogs but both gets tripe daily. Wonder if thatā€™s the it. Hmmm interesting. They both get 1/4 lbs a day. Also fruits n Greek yogurt here n there. Come to think of it, the breeder also gives tripe daily.. hmmmm investigation time... lol

Hereā€™s an older post

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...d-and-nutrition/55514-tear-stains-theory.html

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
So do you think it's the Zyrtec, or the peroxide that helps?

Ty has AWFUL tear stains.

He
Didn't have 'em till he spent 2 days at the vet post neutering

It may be the Zyrtec? Or that we keep it as dry as possible.
I think the husband has only done the peroxide a few times.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Iā€™m constantly drying Louieā€™s eyes, he gets filtered water, raw food and tripe and still tears. Last time he was at vet he said entropion so Iā€™ll have him check again at the end of the month when he goes for his annual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucysmomma

Jan 19, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I swear Dukeā€™s tear stains have gone permanently. You seem to give same food my dogs but both gets tripe daily. Wonder if thatā€™s the it. Hmmm interesting. They both get 1/4 lbs a day. Also fruits n Greek yogurt here n there. Come to think of it, the breeder also gives tripe daily.. hmmmm investigation time... lol

Hereā€™s an older post

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...d-and-nutrition/55514-tear-stains-theory.html

We will try upping the tripe. DH said she gets that a couple times a week. He puts the ACV over her food because she won't drink her water if it's in there. Water is filtered from the fridge.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty's tear stains disappeared after I changed his food. He has never had tripe. Now, if we could just get rid of the eye gunk, we would be in good shape. He is on Benedryl or Zyrtec and Tacrolimus eye drops so I really don't know what else to do. No entropion.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
We will try upping the tripe. DH said she gets that a couple times a week. He puts the ACV over her food because she won't drink her water if it's in there. Water is filtered from the fridge.

They both get tripe daily. Bare in mind dogs on raw food n home cooked food will not drink much as itā€™s all moisture. So donā€™t panic:)
[MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] most mornings Nyala wakes up with a bit of gunk too. Donā€™t panic either. Hereā€™s a small FYI

Little Goop or Crust

Tears play an essential role in maintaining eye health. They provide oxygen and nourishment to the cornea (the clear layer of tissue at the front of the eye) and help remove any debris that might get trapped there. Tears normally drain through ducts located at the inner corner of each eye, but sometimes a little bit of goop or crust will accumulate there. This material is made out of dried tears, oil, mucus, dead cells, dust, etc. It is most evident in the morning and is often perfectly normal. The goop or crust should be easy to remove with a warm damp cloth, the eyes should not be red, and your dog should not exhibit any signs of eye discomfort (rubbing, squinting, blinking, and sensitivity to light). The amount of ā€œsleepā€ a dog produces each night (or after long naps) should stay relatively constant. If you notice any worsening of your dogā€™s condition, make an appointment with your veterinarian.

lucysmomma

Jan 19, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
They both get tripe daily. Bare in mind dogs on raw food n home cooked food will not drink much as itā€™s all moisture. So donā€™t panic:)
[MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] most mornings Nyala wakes up with a bit of gunk too. Donā€™t panic either. Hereā€™s a small FYI

Little Goop or Crust

Tears play an essential role in maintaining eye health. They provide oxygen and nourishment to the cornea (the clear layer of tissue at the front of the eye) and help remove any debris that might get trapped there. Tears normally drain through ducts located at the inner corner of each eye, but sometimes a little bit of goop or crust will accumulate there. This material is made out of dried tears, oil, mucus, dead cells, dust, etc. It is most evident in the morning and is often perfectly normal. The goop or crust should be easy to remove with a warm damp cloth, the eyes should not be red, and your dog should not exhibit any signs of eye discomfort (rubbing, squinting, blinking, and sensitivity to light). The amount of ā€œsleepā€ a dog produces each night (or after long naps) should stay relatively constant. If you notice any worsening of your dogā€™s condition, make an appointment with your veterinarian.

Thank you for all your info/advice, we definitely noticed a decrease in her drinking during the day when we switched over to raw. It's amazing the difference. :)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

Little Goop or Crust

Thanks, Helene. Unfortunately we have to clean his eyes 2 or 3 times a day. It's like a milky gel in his eyes but at least it is not green! He has a vet appointment early Wednesday morning so the vet will be able to see exactly what it looks like. His allergies are playing up at the moment so I am sure that has something to do with too. I just want to make sure nothing else is going on.

Zue10

Mar 24, 2018
Florida
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I unfortunately donā€™t have experience with tears stains. I saw these cream at Amazon itā€™s rated 4.5. I hope it helps. D988948F-D25E-4537-A602-B93A5903DB7B.png

Attachments

• D988948F-D25E-4537-A602-B93A5903DB7B.png
    D988948F-D25E-4537-A602-B93A5903DB7B.png
    525.6 KB · Views: 219

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.