buttercp21

Feb 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
King
Hello fellow bully friends, I have a 9 week old puppy. I clean my his face everyday and dry it right after. I have been noticing redbbumps that look like pimples near his nose, on his chin, and inside his folds. He uses stainless steel bowls. I just donā€™t know what it could be from. Does anybody have any solutions to make the bumps go away?

pauline

Dec 30, 2017
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Hobson
My 16 week old puppy has a red bump on his chin so I am following this!!!

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
Hello fellow bully friends, I have a 9 week old puppy. I clean my his face everyday and dry it right after. I have been noticing redbbumps that look like pimples near his nose, on his chin, and inside his folds. He uses stainless steel bowls. I just donā€™t know what it could be from. Does anybody have any solutions to make the bumps go away?

Hello. We are new puppy owners as well. Our pup is 20 weeks old. The Puppy will have redness / bumps throughout his lifetime. They use their nose for everything and stick it everywhere. I don't know if you're taking it outside yet, but if he's sniffing grass or any other surface that could be the cause of it. We clean ours with a baby wipe and then dry if. For the bumps we sometimes put witch hazel and/or peroxide.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Inside the folds? Do you have a picture to post?

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge

Do you wash the bowls in hot soapy water at least 2x a day? Do you dry the face after he drinks/eats? That can help. Could very possibly be a reaction to the metal in the bowl, esp if they are not new, which is what my vet told me. We did well with ceramic dishes. It wasn't until I changed to those that we stopped dealing with chin acne for our boy. (I didn't change when the vet first told me to.) When he saw the acne hadn't gotten much better the next time, he sternly asked had I changed. I meekly said no, and did, after that. I saw the change then!

What are you drying the face with? Could it be a reaction to something you wash with? Some people swear by using str-dex pads, etc on the chin etc. Do the folds seem damp with the bumps? Can you post a pic?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Not much to do with acne but let itā€™s course finish. In the fold I find that odd too. Duke had it really bad. Been 2months. Feeding raw only I find it speed up the acne issue n fur problem.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.