Thread: Acne or bumps on my puppy

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King
    Likes (Received)

Question Acne or bumps on my puppy

Hello fellow bully friends, I have a 9 week old puppy. I clean my his face everyday and dry it right after. I have been noticing redbbumps that look like pimples near his nose, on his chin, and inside his folds. He uses stainless steel bowls. I just donít know what it could be from. Does anybody have any solutions to make the bumps go away?

Country
    UK
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hobson
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Acne or bumps on my puppy

My 16 week old puppy has a red bump on his chin so I am following this!!!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moose
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by buttercp21 View Post
    Hello fellow bully friends, I have a 9 week old puppy. I clean my his face everyday and dry it right after. I have been noticing redbbumps that look like pimples near his nose, on his chin, and inside his folds. He uses stainless steel bowls. I just donít know what it could be from. Does anybody have any solutions to make the bumps go away?
    Hello. We are new puppy owners as well. Our pup is 20 weeks old. The Puppy will have redness / bumps throughout his lifetime. They use their nose for everything and stick it everywhere. I don't know if you're taking it outside yet, but if he's sniffing grass or any other surface that could be the cause of it. We clean ours with a baby wipe and then dry if. For the bumps we sometimes put witch hazel and/or peroxide.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

This is very common with bulldogs. Here is a recent thread that you might find helpful:

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...chin-acne.html

5. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hello fellow bully friends, I have a 9 week old puppy. I clean my his face everyday and dry it right after. I have been noticing redbbumps that look like pimples near his nose, on his chin, and inside his folds. He uses stainless steel bowls. I just don’t know what it could be from. Does anybody have any solutions to make the bumps go away?
    Inside the folds? Do you have a picture to post?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

7. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Hello fellow bully friends, I have a 9 week old puppy. I clean my his face everyday and dry it right after. I have been noticing redbbumps that look like pimples near his nose, on his chin, and inside his folds. He uses stainless steel bowls. I just don’t know what it could be from. Does anybody have any solutions to make the bumps go away?
    Do you wash the bowls in hot soapy water at least 2x a day? Do you dry the face after he drinks/eats? That can help. Could very possibly be a reaction to the metal in the bowl, esp if they are not new, which is what my vet told me. We did well with ceramic dishes. It wasn't until I changed to those that we stopped dealing with chin acne for our boy. (I didn't change when the vet first told me to.) When he saw the acne hadn't gotten much better the next time, he sternly asked had I changed. I meekly said no, and did, after that. I saw the change then!

What are you drying the face with? Could it be a reaction to something you wash with? Some people swear by using str-dex pads, etc on the chin etc. Do the folds seem damp with the bumps? Can you post a pic?

9. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Not much to do with acne but let it’s course finish. In the fold I find that odd too. Duke had it really bad. Been 2months. Feeding raw only I find it speed up the acne issue n fur problem.

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads