Goombabehr

Feb 18, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goomba
When we first got Goomba it seemed like his ears were pretty clean. I got him the Nuvet ear cleaner and used it for the first time last night. It seemed like he liked his ears cleaned and had no problem letting me clean his ear. But today I see him scratching his right ear so I got some cotton balls and kinda wiped the inside of his ear (without using the ear cleaner) cuz it seemed like his ear was itchy. And he kept on scratching his ear for a while. Should I have not cleaned his ear even though it seemed like it was pretty clean? Before we got an English bulldog I read a lot online and it seemed like you had to clean his ears a lot so I wanted him to get used to it. But now I kinda regret cleaning his ears cuz he seemed bothered. He was fine before I cleaned it. Should I have not cleaned his ear when it wasnā€™t that nessesary at the moment? And is this common with other English bulldogs? A4D52867-6385-4C78-9214-02607CB83614.jpeg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
When we first got Goomba it seemed like his ears were pretty clean. I got him the Nuvet ear cleaner and used it for the first time last night. It seemed like he liked his ears cleaned and had no problem letting me clean his ear. But today I see him scratching his right ear so I got some cotton balls and kinda wiped the inside of his ear (without using the ear cleaner) cuz it seemed like his ear was itchy. And he kept on scratching his ear for a while. Should I have not cleaned his ear even though it seemed like it was pretty clean? Before we got an English bulldog I read a lot online and it seemed like you had to clean his ears a lot so I wanted him to get used to it. But now I kinda regret cleaning his ears cuz he seemed bothered. He was fine before I cleaned it. Should I have not cleaned his ear when it wasnā€™t that nessesary at the moment? And is this common with other English bulldogs? View attachment 111047

Put on your Cotton swab: 2 drops of lavender n 4 drops of fractionated coconut oil. Swipe inner ear n NOT in the canal. You will never have ear issues. I do the ears once a month for maintenance.

OP
Goombabehr

Goombabehr

Feb 18, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goomba
Thanks you! Iā€™ll try that! :)

OP
Goombabehr

Goombabehr

Feb 18, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goomba
Ohhh!! Thank you again!

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
what does it look like inside?
is it red and angry looking, does it have a smell.
I'm thinking having cleaned so frequently it may have stayed wet to long and started a yeast or fungal issue.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Keep some ear solution on hand to dry out ear after dog goes swimming or whenever dog's ears are itchy. Dechra Malacetic Otic or Zymox Otic HC or make your own 50% apple cider vinegar/50% witch hazel or an essential oil mixture. Depending on dog you can clean once daily to once monthly, whatever is necessary. If your dog has a severe ear infection go to vet, don't try home remedy since infection may have reached middle ear.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I usually clean my boys' ears every other week with Zymox ear cleaner. If they are looking red or are itching them, I will use Zymox otic.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When we first got Goomba it seemed like his ears were pretty clean. I got him the Nuvet ear cleaner and used it for the first time last night. It seemed like he liked his ears cleaned and had no problem letting me clean his ear. But today I see him scratching his right ear so I got some cotton balls and kinda wiped the inside of his ear (without using the ear cleaner) cuz it seemed like his ear was itchy. And he kept on scratching his ear for a while. Should I have not cleaned his ear even though it seemed like it was pretty clean? Before we got an English bulldog I read a lot online and it seemed like you had to clean his ears a lot so I wanted him to get used to it. But now I kinda regret cleaning his ears cuz he seemed bothered. He was fine before I cleaned it. Should I have not cleaned his ear when it wasnā€™t that nessesary at the moment? And is this common with other English bulldogs? View attachment 111047

OMG that picture of him is awesome!!! LOVE it!

I use AVC/witch hazel to clean my guys ears.... little on a cotton pad once sometimes twice a week

OP
Goombabehr

Goombabehr

Feb 18, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goomba
what does it look like inside?
is it red and angry looking, does it have a smell.
I'm thinking having cleaned so frequently it may have stayed wet to long and started a yeast or fungal issue.

Itā€™s not smelly and itā€™s kinda just pinkish inside. It seems like itā€™s gettinf better.

OP
Goombabehr

Goombabehr

Feb 18, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goomba
OMG that picture of him is awesome!!! LOVE it!

I use AVC/witch hazel to clean my guys ears.... little on a cotton pad once sometimes twice a week

Oh okay thats good to know. Thank you! It seems like his ears are doing better which Iā€™m very happy about!

OP
Goombabehr

Goombabehr

Feb 18, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goomba
Thank you everybody for these tips! I really appreciate it very much!!! :D

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online