helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Anymore!!! :chapped::chapped:

Iā€™ve been clipping nails all my life on alllllll my dogs. Never have I ever had issues like this mutt Duke!!! Every month itā€™s getting worst n worst n a fight, I mean really fighting with this little sh*thead!!! I dremel them which was fast but now out of nowhere he sees the dremel and attacks it. Go figure. I always start with Nyala as Ms diva lays there no problem. But now when I do Nyala ā€˜s nails Monsieur barks like an idiot. Like get that away from her...... I tried while heā€™s sleeping n well you know Duke, one minute heā€™s snoring next like he smells the clipper...opens his eyes and jumps off the sofa like a torpedo. I tied him down to the kitchen table as itā€™s an antique and weighs a ton...heā€™s secured and canā€™t move 5ā€...he fregen drags the table with 5ā€ freedom :w00t:

I donā€™t want to go the sedated path either n plus heā€™s a knuckle dragger. Any tricks out there I missed???? Plz donā€™t forget we are taking about Duke!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
https://drwoofmeow.myshopify.com/

I have seen a video of a bulldog in one of these things! Look at the testimonials.

Omg thatā€™s brilliant. Just wonder cause itā€™s Duke if he will stay still. Heā€™ll probably be swinging in it or rip my door frame. Lolll. Iā€™m going to check it out more in detail. Thanks!!!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Omg thatā€™s brilliant. Just wonder cause itā€™s Duke if he will stay still. Heā€™ll probably be swinging in it or rip my door frame. Lolll. Iā€™m going to check it out more in detail. Thanks!!!

If you should do this, promise you will take a video!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Take him to vet or groomer and have them do it. We canā€™t do Louie ourselves but heā€™s fine at vet or groomer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Petsmart will cut nails for 13.00, or nail grind for 16.00, no appointment needed. Last month I washed Honey at the Petvalu do it yourself wash then took her for a Pawdicure at Petsmart on way home.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
My vet will do it for $5, if you've got a good relationship with your vet. ask him

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Why don't you just give him something to chew on while you grind away...like a section of your garden fence.

d3d989c44afe36d6bf2e2949a4dace59.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] All my life I had at least 4 or 5 dogs (until death do us part) Dobermans, Belgian Malanois,Ger.Sheps,Poodles,"mixed breeds,etc. I always cut their nails myself. I felt so ashamed that after all these years, I can not cut the Bulldogs(2) nails. When I took Maude to my vet for him to do it, it took 3 people to hold her still! They can wiggle and squirm with the best, and they are extremely strong!! And yes, I think my whole door frame would come down,that is the same principle they use for horses and cows, but with heavily re inforced conditions. Maybe need a steel girter!!! Duke is not the only ornery "nail resistant" one!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] All my life I had at least 4 or 5 dogs (until death do us part) Dobermans, Belgian Malanois,Ger.Sheps,Poodles,"mixed breeds,etc. I always cut their nails myself. I felt so ashamed that after all these years, I can not cut the Bulldogs(2) nails. When I took Maude to my vet for him to do it, it took 3 people to hold her still! They can wiggle and squirm with the best, and they are extremely strong!! And yes, I think my whole door frame would come down,that is the same principle they use for horses and cows, but with heavily re inforced conditions. Maybe need a steel girter!!! Duke is not the only ornery "nail resistant" one!

Iā€™m 200% sure like you said there are tons out there like Duke. One of my sonā€™s...I call them Budweiser horses, when they need to trim the hoofs on this big guy they need to sedate him as he will go through them bars you hold/lock them in.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: :rofl: .... take him to a groomer and see how he does with them... just as a test. you know how toddlers are... crazy for Mom , but good as gold for the babysitter ;)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] youā€™re a real comedian!!! Iā€™m just cracking up here...love ya for that my funny dude.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.