Jul 24, 2014
illinos
Bulldog(s) Names
sophia
Im wondering what everyone with a female bully uses to clean their girls lady bits....I use baby wipes right now I figure if its ok for a human babys bits its ok for my bully . My girl has discoloration of the skin and hair in that area and feel she could use a bit more help in the cleaning dept.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi! Unscented baby wipes should be good. What type of discoloration-- is she maybe in heat? How old is she?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
and yep, most (all?) bullies cant reach to take care of those areas like other dogs so a helping hand is needed...

OP
Sophia the bullshark
Jul 24, 2014
illinos
Bulldog(s) Names
sophia
shes 3 yrs old and spayed. just kinda discolored I try to clean her everyday... vet said she way just extra foldy down there. kinda the same as her tail pocket but I dont want to use anything that could irritate her

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
shes 3 yrs old and spayed. just kinda discolored I try to clean her everyday... vet said she way just extra foldy down there. kinda the same as her tail pocket but I dont want to use anything that could irritate her

Hello Nancy! Nyala also has a tail pocket issue and will always have it unless I get it amputated which is OUT of the question. Ive been doing this mixture for months an it works!!! I ckean it every 2 days. I even programmed it on my cell. When I clean her tail I also wipe all her back side to finish. Been doing this for months. So here's the recipe. Also great for ear infection, rashes and more!

Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear*health. Spray*on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in*ears .In*a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine: 15 drops Lavender 15 drops Geranium 15 drops Frankincense 15 drops Basil 10 drops Arborvitae Fractionated Coconut Oil the clear one, fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way full. Shake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infections. If ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated coconut oil on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

Again recipe says for ear but just as good for her tail pocket! ! Maintenance is the key word with these dogs as you know. Have a look at this link.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Hello Nancy! Nyala also has a tail pocket issue and will always have it unless I get it amputated which is OUT of the question. Ive been doing this mixture for months an it works!!! I ckean it every 2 days. I even programmed it on my cell. When I clean her tail I also wipe all her back side to finish. Been doing this for months. So here's the recipe. Also great for ear infection, rashes and more!

Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear*health. Spray*on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in*ears .In*a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine: 15 drops Lavender 15 drops Geranium 15 drops Frankincense 15 drops Basil 10 drops Arborvitae Fractionated Coconut Oil the clear one, fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way full. Shake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infections. If ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated coconut oil on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

Again recipe says for ear but just as good for her tail pocket! ! Maintenance is the key word with these dogs as you know. Have a look at this link.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

I will add to this,............ It WORKS!

OP
Sophia the bullshark
Jul 24, 2014
illinos
Bulldog(s) Names
sophia
thank you helsonwheels right now I use chorhexidine for her tail pocket but I must give your recipe with essential oils a try. it sounds very soothing do you use a particular brand of essential oils or would any work?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
thank you helsonwheels right now I use chorhexidine for her tail pocket but I must give your recipe with essential oils a try. it sounds very soothing do you use a particular brand of essential oils or would any work?

Have a glance at the link. It will answer all your questions. And yes it's much easier with oils. Nyala now comes to me when I say "Nyala come clean your tail" she's goes straight to the washroom lol. If I dont clean it every 2 days (max 3 days) she sits on her bum/tail and starts to wiggle around. For oils, make sure it also has the Latin name on it, look for a bin # on the bottle not the box... that will help you...example if you see lavender 5 $ n one at 30 $ well you got your answer. (In Canada is more expensive). If you're new to this read the link. You dont need to buy young living as you pay for the name. Doterra is a good quality but you will find some good ones at your health food stores or online.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online