Do you bathe your dog after swimming? Have you tried Bissell Barkbath ?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
well this is interesting!! and though Hank loves his baths.. (I tied two outside chairs together, he walks up the steps I made, and he gets his bath :) he even gets warm water as I've hooked the hose up to my wash tub faucet... real easy peasy BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this looks perfect for in between baths and winter baths... and 'me' stay dry baths ;) I just may have to look into this! I wonder how loud it is... I have one that looks just like this for furniture... wonder if it's basically the same...He kinda goes crazy over hair drier noises and lawn mowers etc so wonder if it's quiet enough that he would tolerate... hummmm, going to read more! thanks! edited to add........ oh how great this would be to take on vacation!!! yes! edited again to add,,,, looks like I could get just the 'bark bath tool' to add to my little green machine by Bissell ;) looking even better :)

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Wow, this is quite a piece of equipment :drool: my husband always threatens to wash Tank with his pressure washer. But Mom washes him in her own shower:unsure:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Do you bathe your dog with an antibacterial/antifungal shampoo after swimming in a lake or ocean?
Have you tried Bissell Barkbath to wash your dog? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea53QcJjMpk

Use the exact same machine for my stair carpet going to the basement. Called a Bissell! Lollll

I swear some commercials makes it look like its the end of the world thingy. My GS had tons of hair. If he went in the lakes or ocean I would never wash him afterwards . No need ocean water is fantastic for the hair n skin so are the lakes. Never had skin issues. Also would wash him only in the summer with the hose. Too big for a spa like I do for Nyala. For a spa at $10, saves me from washing titles, bath or the whole bathroom. Saves my drains n my back!!

OP
Dollys Owner

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Not sure what you mean by a spa? LOL

Use the exact same machine for my stair carpet going to the basement. Called a Bissell! Lollll

I swear some commercials makes it look like its the end of the world thingy. My GS had tons of hair. If he went in the lakes or ocean I would never wash him afterwards . No need ocean water is fantastic for the hair n skin so are the lakes. Never had skin issues. Also would wash him only in the summer with the hose. Too big for a spa like I do for Nyala. For a spa at $10, saves me from washing titles, bath or the whole bathroom. Saves my drains n my back!!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I looked at the reviews for this. Maybe OK for short coated dogs like ours but it didn't do well for heavy coated dogs. I am with Helene, I go to Petco on the rare occasion I bathe Monty. For $10 and different height baths, it can't be beat.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It's at the petshop. They have 2 big beautiful tile baths for dogs. Come with free shampoo, conditioner, micro towels, long hose blower and dry liver treats for $10. No brainer. @Pet Value

Spa day 2016.jpeg

OP
Dollys Owner

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Yeah there's a couple of PetValu's near me that have self service dog baths. I'll give them a try. I'm tired of taking the dogs to Petsmart for grooming- more money and more problems. This last time my Frenchie's ear seemed to get irritated plus they cage them while they are waiting to be picked up.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
plus they cage them while they are waiting to be picked up.
:jawdrop: WOW that's sending mix-messages to any dog. I rather do it myself. They have a brand of shampoos called " essential " I use the oatmeal one n mix it with plum for hair lost.

OP
Dollys Owner

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Just tried the Petvalu self service pet wash here in Maple, Ontario. Very nice- used the oatmeal and the plum shampoo like you suggested. Only thing not great was that the blow dryers were just cold air, so didn't bother much with them, just used two towels. But very good value for the price. Will definitely go back, also signed up the Rewards card, where you get one wash free after 6 washes.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Just tried the Petvalu self service pet wash here in Maple, Ontario. Very nice- used the oatmeal and the plum shampoo like you suggested. Only thing not great was that the blow dryers were just cold air, so didn't bother much with them, just used two towels. But very good value for the price. Will definitely go back, also signed up the Rewards card, where you get one wash free after 6 washes.

Yes blows cold. I already got one free from that card. So cheap.

Sir Bentley

Jan 27, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Bentley
Thanks...we will look into it. Bentley hates vacuums and the noise they make. This makes a similar sound and he would be afraid at first. We will check it out.
Ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Dollys Owner

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I like the idea of a self service dog wash too. Worked out well for me today. Might be one near where you live, eg. Evolution self service machine https://evolutiondogwash.com/locations/

Thanks...we will look into it. Bentley hates vacuums and the noise they make. This makes a similar sound and he would be afraid at first. We will check it out.
Ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
We haven't used the hair dryer on Monty. We towel dry him well (using as many of their towels as we need!). We take our own shampoo to use although they usually have 2 or 3 to choose from. It certainly saves back ache!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
We haven't used the hair dryer on Monty. We towel dry him well (using as many of their towels as we need!). We take our own shampoo to use although they usually have 2 or 3 to choose from. It certainly saves back ache!

I use the blower in the winter. Summers is outside in thier kiddie pool n hose. Duke is very scare of the hose. He's getting use to it slowly as I use it on low for him n in his bowl of water outside. He comes up by himself now. I do notice Nyala teaches him alot. He checks what she does and sees it's all good. Now only if he can notice sge doesn't go in the veggie garden.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online