2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
Gunners Mom

Gunners Mom

Oct 19, 2016
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Morning y'all here is gunner this am it looks about the same IMG_0291.JPGIMG_0292.JPG

OP
Gunners Mom

Gunners Mom

Oct 19, 2016
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Actually comparing the photos to ones last night when I shaved him it actually looks a bit better still a little red but not as red as last night

OP
Gunners Mom

Gunners Mom

Oct 19, 2016
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
You can see in his fat neck roll it's starting to turn white again IMG_0293.JPG

OP
Gunners Mom

Gunners Mom

Oct 19, 2016
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Do I still need to wash him in the chlorhexidine wash? And then reapply fresh clean ointment ?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
if it's a hot spot you don't need the mupirocin cream and it's good you shaved the area since the hair would keep the area wet. I would still wash daily with the chlorhexidine daily till its all cleared up (about a week), then spray with the acetic acid/witch hazel mixture right after and then make sure it's dry after all that.
Do I still need to wash him in the chlorhexidine wash? And then reapply fresh clean ointment ?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
That is Not looking like staph... look more like hotspot now that is is shaved and you mention 'oosing'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Gunners Mom Yes, it does look like hot spots. If you haven't dealt with them before, take him to the vet to make sure he gets the right treatment! We used TrizCHLOR 4 Shampoo once a day (leave it on for ten minutes or so and then rinse) and it looked much better after only a few days.

Here's Castor's hotspots and then what he looked like a week later.

Attachments

• IMG_3082.JPG
    IMG_3082.JPG
    512.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3224.JPG
    IMG_3224.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 94

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
and..... this is fro om corine Pesants post on the 'update on wallygator post'.... Both Lockjaw and Penny got flank alopecia this year. Penny's patches were much smaller than Lockjaws. Our vet recommended we add Omega 3's to their daily diet. Specifically the brand "Nordic Naturals". They've been on it for about 2 months now. Penny's patches are almost filled in. One side completely filled, the other is well on its way. Lockjaws patches were pretty big on both sides. His patches look soooo much better and are about 1/2 way filled in. I also try to get them outside as much as I can as well. Well, as much as summer in NC will allow.
But I would definitely recommend the Nordic Naturals Omega 3's. I order mine from chewy.com.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.