Gunners Mom

Gunners Mom

Oct 19, 2016
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Should I shave the area around top of his neck were it is infected? Would that help when I go to wash him and to apply the ointment?

OP
Gunners Mom

Gunners Mom

Oct 19, 2016
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
IMG_0280.JPGIMG_0280.JPG its mainly just the top portion of the neck area on the top of the fat rolls. They look almost swollen a little bit also

OP
Gunners Mom

Gunners Mom

Oct 19, 2016
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
I'm trying to get the ointment down on his skin but I can't because his hair.... :(

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
if you do decide to buy manuka honey make sure the antibiotic factor (UMF) is at least 12, the higher the better. It's also good to keep on hand to take when you get a sore throat, so might as well get some anyways.

OP
Gunners Mom

Gunners Mom

Oct 19, 2016
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
I shaved some of his hair off... because after I got to looking there is oozing sores....IMG_0282.JPGIMG_0284.JPG. I think I'm taking him to the vet in the am...

OP
Gunners Mom

Gunners Mom

Oct 19, 2016
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
I tried to apply the ointment whit his hair but the ointment was getting stuck in his hair and not making it to his skin... and that ointment is prescription so kinda not easy to just pick up locally

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Regarding your probiotic there's a few synthetic ingredients in it. I personally wouldn't use it if its not 100% natural but that's me. I use only probiotics with "live strains" at your health food store. The more strains the better 12 n up.....This is the ones in the fridge and NOT on the shelves. Srains are more important than the # 50billion or 100billions etc...you can open a capsule and put it in a teaspoon of coconut oil n have gunnner eat it. Buy sauerkraut the "fermented" one only again the ones in the fridge! 1 tablespoon a day mix with his food especially if he's on antibiotics! My 2 cents worth.

OP
Gunners Mom

Gunners Mom

Oct 19, 2016
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Regarding your probiotic there's a few synthetic ingredients in it. I personally wouldn't use it if its not 100% natural but that's me. I use only probiotics with "live strains" at your health food store. The more strains the better 12 n up.....This is the ones in the fridge and NOT on the shelves. Srains are more important than the # 50billion or 100billions etc...you can open a capsule and put it in a teaspoon of coconut oil n have gunnner eat it. Buy sauerkraut the "fermented" one only again the ones in the fridge! 1 tablespoon a day mix with his food especially if he's on antibiotics! My 2 cents worth.

Wow. I had no idea! That's the probiotic my holistic vet recommended I'm shocked and will look into another option. After getting him shaved it almost looks more like a huge hot spot...? Not gonna risk it getting worse I'll take him to vet tomorrow. He had been scratching at it and that's when I noticed how red and inflamed it was .... after I shaved him and seen the extent of the sore I washed it and applied an OTC antibiotic cream and a hydrocortisone cream to help him not itch. He is now asleep so hopefully it will look better tomorrow

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Hope it goes ok at vet. In future might be good to keep a few emergency supplies around ( I do as well )-
a spray such as Vetericyn or Banixx or Equisilver for hot spots, or an ointment such as Nu-stock instead of a spray
an eye drop like Vetericyn
a drying ear drop to use after dog is in water like Epi-otic or just witch hazel
sterile gauze pad and self adherent bandaging tape such as coban
neosporin cream.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Wow. I had no idea! That's the probiotic my holistic vet recommended I'm shocked and will look into another option. After getting him shaved it almost looks more like a huge hot spot...? Not gonna risk it getting worse I'll take him to vet tomorrow. He had been scratching at it and that's when I noticed how red and inflamed it was .... after I shaved him and seen the extent of the sore I washed it and applied an OTC antibiotic cream and a hydrocortisone cream to help him not itch. He is now asleep so hopefully it will look better tomorrow

Dogs, cats, birds whatever the animal, the key is maintenance on regular basis. Some will need more than others some less. Just like humans.Again, keep this link on hand.. Lots of great natural ways...... btw, I would get some NuStock as mentioned above. Keep that on hand too. :)

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/51130-essential-oils.html

OP
Gunners Mom

Gunners Mom

Oct 19, 2016
Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner
Ya I never had any skin issue like this with gunner .... never. We went to Florida last week he somehow scratched his head on his cage which I found where he scratched it and my husband filed the sharp edge off. After that I noticed him scratching the area which was small area on his head. I cleaned the wound and applied an ointment from the vet on it but. Is it has quickly turned into this. I've seen worse pictures where people didn't catch it u tul it had gotten very very very bad. Glad I got on here and got help. Will order the NuStock and a few other items listed. I also have doterra oils that I use on a daily basis so thanks for sharing the link to that as well

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
How's Gunner today?

Ya I never had any skin issue like this with gunner .... never. We went to Florida last week he somehow scratched his head on his cage which I found where he scratched it and my husband filed the sharp edge off. After that I noticed him scratching the area which was small area on his head. I cleaned the wound and applied an ointment from the vet on it but. Is it has quickly turned into this. I've seen worse pictures where people didn't catch it u tul it had gotten very very very bad. Glad I got on here and got help. Will order the NuStock and a few other items listed. I also have doterra oils that I use on a daily basis so thanks for sharing the link to that as well

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Hope it goes ok at vet. In future might be good to keep a few emergency supplies around ( I do as well )-
a spray such as Vetericyn or Banixx or Equisilver for hot spots, or an ointment such as Nu-stock instead of a spray
an eye drop like Vetericyn
a drying ear drop to use after dog is in water like Epi-otic or just witch hazel
sterile gauze pad and self adherent bandaging tape such as coban
neosporin cream.

Just took a screen shot of this post to save it. I know that you're in Toronto. Do these items have same name in the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.