Anything for ROUGH PADS that Joey will not lick?

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I have tried coconut oil but she LOVES it and licks her pads like crazy. Her pads are really rough. Do I just leave them that way or should I try to find something she will not lick? Thanks in advance!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have a wax madeout of Bees wax, CO, Carmauba wax, Candelilla wax, Sunflower oil, Lavender oil... made in Vancouver called Pawsitive FX all natural. They make some for dry nose etc

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] THANKS! I will look for and order. Any trouble with pups licking it off?

Jill.....have you used Musher's Secret?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Heres the scoop..... I HAVE it and have used it but it's been a while. I just got it out and put on his one foot to see about the 'lick' factor b4 I'm answering... So far, no licking! I don't remember exactly why I got it but it was highly recommended at the time (for what ever reason) so I purchased :) I 'think' it was because he was on hotter surfaces than I liked, and rough grass. I used it for that time as his feet were just so rough. Only took a bit for them to look great so I think I highly recommend ;) He's laying down now, with his nose right on the foot I put it on and no licking so at least that parts probably good ... Glad you mentioned it as I think another reason was because his feet were slipping around on the cold ground as well..
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] THANKS! I will look for and order. Any trouble with pups licking it off?

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Heres the scoop..... I HAVE it and have used it but it's been a while. I just got it out and put on his one foot to see about the 'lick' factor b4 I'm answering... So far, no licking! I don't remember exactly why I got it but it was highly recommended at the time (for what ever reason) so I purchased :) I 'think' it was because he was on hotter surfaces than I liked, and rough grass. I used it for that time as his feet were just so rough. Only took a bit for them to look great so I think I highly recommend ;) He's laying down now, with his nose right on the foot I put it on and no licking so at least that parts probably good ... Glad you mentioned it as I think another reason was because his feet were slipping around on the cold ground as well..

PERFECT information Jill, thanks so much......off to Amazon!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Musher is good stuff too!

Musher's Secret*is a dense, barrier wax. that forms a breathable bond with your dog's paws. Developed in Canada for use with sledding dogs, it provides tenacious protection. even in the most extreme conditions.

Both made in Canada. Probably cause of our winters lolllll

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Musher is good stuff too!

Musher's Secret*is a dense, barrier wax. that forms a breathable bond with your dog's paws. Developed in Canada for use with sledding dogs, it provides tenacious protection. even in the most extreme conditions.

Both made in Canada. Probably cause of our winters lolllll

Thanks Helene :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have used Musher's secret for many years... love the stuff

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Chiming in, we also use Musher's Secret, and love it!!! Its like a pawdicure for them... I massage it on Tyson's paws, and he just falls asleep.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Thank you all! Can't wait for mine to arrive. Joey needs a pawdecure!

Most Reactions