Colloidal Silver

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Awwwwwwww yes! Manuka honey user :) I don't know what happened this last sick... I have all the above and just was lazy and it took it's toll!!! I also use oregano oil and it knocks the crap out of viruses... Going to check it's use for dogs

Careful with oregano oil. Not everyone knows but on an empty stomach its harsh. I know I need to mix it in food or something else. Im not sure for dogs either. Something I never researched. Go figure eh? Lolll

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Careful with oregano oil. Not everyone knows but on an empty stomach its harsh. I know I need to mix it in food or something else. Im not sure for dogs either. Something I never researched. Go figure eh? Lolll

Yeah, kind of funny you haven't researched them;) it sure is been wonderful for me but even though the capsule could go down well , it still might not feel too good in their bellies… Plus I have no idea what amount dosage would be . I like Tumeric/pepper as well .. For us humans, golden milks my evening treat

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yeah, kind of funny you haven't researched them;) it sure is been wonderful for me but even though the capsule could go down well , it still might not feel too good in their bellies… Plus I have no idea what amount dosage would be . I like Tumeric/pepper as well .. For us humans, golden milks my evening treat

Why you want to give OO to Hank?

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks everyone for your responses and suggestions. I'll use it topically for now, and ask my vet about internally.
I don't think it will hurt to use it on his ears or skin, so will try it. I just wanted to get some information and advice from my smart friends.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone for your responses and suggestions. I'll use it topically for now, and ask my vet about internally.
I don't think it will hurt to use it on his ears or skin, so will try it. I just wanted to get some information and advice from my smart friends.

Keep us posted!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I think you are better off using apple cider vinegar mixed with witch hazel equal parts on his ears, or Zymox ear drops on his ears (that's what I use), or that essential oils mixture that helsonwheels has posted. I think it's great for the skin though. Proponents of colloidal silver internally say it cures everything, kind of like proponents of miracle mineral solution saying it can cure malaria, or proponents of vitamin c saying it can cure everything (Linus Pauling died of prostate cancer).

Check out this site https://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Have you tried this recipe of essential oils below? I use it for Nyala's tail pocket and it also keeps her ears clean. She tends to get this brown film in her ears. She never scratches just brown guk. Same mix for ears n tail and all stays very clean. I swear by it as it really work great. Just a thought.

15 drops Lavender 15 drops Geranium 15 drops Frankincense 15 drops Basil 10 drops Arborvitae. Fractionated*Coconut Oil*to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way full. Shake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated*coconut oil*on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.
i'm biting the bullet and giving this a try! all items on the way

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
cool!!! might I ask where you ordered... I could find all but the Arborvitae and just kinda put it on pause for a pinch. I'm a big believer in the oils, just got sidetracked..
i'm biting the bullet and giving this a try! all items on the way

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
cool!!! might I ask where you ordered... I could find all but the Arborvitae and just kinda put it on pause for a pinch. I'm a big believer in the oils, just got sidetracked..

Arborvitae is Thuja ( ceder family ) you can us another brand. I did post you some site where to find it. Now I dont know where I posted them lolllllll check your post was conversation with Dolly .

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Arborvitae is Thuja ( ceder family ) you can us another brand. I did post you some site where to find it. Now I dont know where I posted them lolllllll check your post was conversation with Dolly .

Yep, and thank you I want to get them all ordered for the next… Whatever! :-) I just got sidetracked and don't want to order the wrong thing

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I ordered the arborvitae from an ebay seller, I could get 1ml or 2ml samples of doterra brand for $6-12. 1ml should be enough for two batches of the ear mixture. The others I ordered plant therapy brands from amazon, which was cheaper than the direct site. @Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Wondering how it's going? I'm a big believer in it and it has done wonders for lots of things 'for me' and also use for Hank.. Sprayed right on eyes in the eve when h got gunki, and he liked it and cleared up what ever it was that caused the gunk!
Is it illegal for oral use only, or also for using it topically on skin, cuts, scrapes and ears as well? It is sold here in Canada in health food stores, I bought my bottle at Global Pet Foods.

Members online

No members online now.