Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! Need a shampoo for my bullies!!

Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help! Need a shampoo for my bullies!!

re: storage mite allergy - Don't forget to put the dry dog food into ziplock bags and store in freezer, or store in an airtight container you wash between fillings.

You may want to try a dehydrated or freeze dried raw dog food such as Sojos, Honest Kitchen, Grandma Lucy's. My dog chews her paws too and I'm almost at the point of trying a raw food after trying everything else.

Make sure you give your dogs an antihistamine daily such as cetirizine ( 0.5 mg/pound daily ) . You can also rotate to other antihistamines such as diphenhydramine, chlorpheniramine etc.

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaverstock1 View Post
    Thank you so much. I did allergy testing on Stella and Dozer and Stella is allergic to Dust and Storage mites. Dozer is allergic to any type of potatoes. I feed Dozer Fromm Family Lamb and Lentils and Stella Surf and Turf recipes. I talked to a nutritionist and tried home cooking cooking for Stella, but she was loosing weight so I put her back on the dry food. She licks her paws constantly and most of her breakouts are on her belly and red patches on her chest. Dozer gets it on his belly, chest and on top of his head. They almost look like small pimples all over the belly and under their arms. It's always after a bath it gets bad. I give them a bath weekly. Thanks again.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    7yrs of allergies? Ouch.... is the 7yrs in the same house? If it's feasible, go raw or home cooking. There is no way I would last 7 yrs of what you're all going through. Why would she lose weight on home cooking? Dogs on raw or HC are in their best shapes. Have you tried Honest Kitchen? Is Fromm the only food they eat/ate for 7yrs? What detergents you use on their beddings, floors, fertilizers outside etc etc. Just curious as we can break down some issues.

4. Likes oscarmayer liked this post
    Real Name
    Brittany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella Artois and Dozer Jordan
    Likes (Received)

Dozer is good since we changed his diet to Fromm Lamb and Lentils. Stella on the other hand is our allergy queen. She has been on different types of food. The Nutritionist I spoke with gave me a meal plan for her and she did lose to much weight on the home cooking diet. I knew she was allergic to storage mites, but I would rather control the allergies than her to lose weight. I give her Apoquel daily with fish oil and coconut oil. I haven't tried the Honest Kitchen. Are there good results with that food? The detergents I use on the bedding, toys, etc is just hypoallergenic no scents or dyes. Thanks.

Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Honest Kitchen seems to work great for a lot of people here. You could try Kindly base mix and add your own proteins, or try one of the new limited ingredient ones such
    such as Spruce, Hope or Marvel Limited Ingredient Minimalist Dog Food

Cytopoint is a new once monthly or q2monthly injection that has less side effects than Apoquel, but is quite expensive. You may want to consider that if you have to continue medication once you get Stella on the right food.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaverstock1 View Post
    Dozer is good since we changed his diet to Fromm Lamb and Lentils. Stella on the other hand is our allergy queen. She has been on different types of food. The Nutritionist I spoke with gave me a meal plan for her and she did lose to much weight on the home cooking diet. I knew she was allergic to storage mites, but I would rather control the allergies than her to lose weight. I give her Apoquel daily with fish oil and coconut oil. I haven't tried the Honest Kitchen. Are there good results with that food? The detergents I use on the bedding, toys, etc is just hypoallergenic no scents or dyes. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads