Ear cleaner?

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
What's everyone's favorite ear cleaner? Making big supply order today and want to get the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I love how the Vet's Best smells but I think my boy may be allergic to some of the herbs. I use witch hazel and if they are yeasty a mix of isopropyl alcohol and white or apple vinegar. He has good ears they only have problems when his food isn't right.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I use Thrive ear cleaner, when they are flaring up with allergies. When they are good and I'm maintaining them, I wipe them out regularly with a unscented baby wipe to clean the ear area, and I will use either Hydrogen Peroxide or Witch Hazel to clean the ear.

rbourque314

Jun 25, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lincoln
I use a 50/50 mixture of apple cider vinegar and hydrogen peroxide for normal cleaning and I keep Zymox on hand for episodes of any redness/itching/bad smell. I used Zymox for the first time about a month ago for a pretty bad ear infection and Zymox cleared it up within a week. It is amazing stuff.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use a 50/50 mixture of apple cider vinegar and witch hazel on a cotton pad and when needed I spray it right in the ear and give a good rub

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I also like Zymox otic solution for ear infections and then periodically for maintenance. It's made of enzymes so the ear doesn't and shouldn't be cleaned before using unless you use the Zymox cleaner. I also like to wipe if I notice my dogs scratching their ears with a cosmetic pad soaked in a solution that I make (5 drops of oil of cloves and 5 drops of tea tree oil in 2 oz witch hazel ). I llke 2BullyMama's mixture of witch hazel and apple cider vinegar but I'd personally mix 2 parts witch hazel to 1 part apple cider vinegar to make it less stinging if the ear is red at all.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.