Help!

Toodasgigi

Oct 24, 2015
fort worth tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
George and Winston
Im in serious need of some tips! Starting with potty training. I use the pad in the kennel ( maybe i shouldnt ?) And i also take george outside. Is the goal to get him to not use the floor by puttin him in the kennel? Cause he uses my floor too. Also I feed him 3 times a day 1 cup per feeding but he walks around and sniff for more food as if im starving him. He is only 3 mnths old but i sooo want to get this right. Last thing. Him being 3 mnths do i need to keep feeding him dry AND wet food? I add a teaspoon per one cup of food so he doesnt have such a runny bowel but dont want to constipate him by not adding any wet food. He eats Fromms by the way. Thanks in advance. ( takes deep breath) ok im ready.lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

OP
Toodasgigi

Toodasgigi

Oct 24, 2015
fort worth tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
George and Winston
Im in serious need of some tips! Starting with potty training. I use the pad in the kennel ( maybe i shouldnt ?) And i also take george outside. Is the goal to get him to not use the floor by puttin him in the kennel? Cause he uses my floor too. Also I feed him 3 times a day 1 cup per feeding but he walks around and sniff for more food as if im starving him. He is only 3 mnths old but i sooo want to get this right. Last thing. Him being 3 mnths do i need to keep feeding him dry AND wet food? I add a teaspoon per one cup of food so he doesnt have such a runny bowel but dont want to constipate him by not adding any wet food. He eats Fromms by the way. Thanks in advance. ( takes deep breath) ok im ready for all your advice.lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Here is a good feeding guideline to help you along

8 weeks1/2 cup 3 times a day
12 weeks2/3 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day
4 & 5 months3/4 cup 3 times a day
6 months to 1 year1.25 to 1.5 cups twice a day

as for potty training.. many use the oads in the crate with suggest, but keep in mind you have to make sure you get him on a schedule for outside training and PRAISE when e goes outside. What we did was when we were home ... every two hours we took them out as puppies... and remember they can only hold the bladder for 1 hour more than they are months old.

OP
Toodasgigi

Toodasgigi

Oct 24, 2015
fort worth tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
George and Winston
Here is a good feeding guideline to help you along

8 weeks1/2 cup 3 times a day
12 weeks2/3 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day
4 & 5 months3/4 cup 3 times a day
6 months to 1 year1.25 to 1.5 cups twice a day

as for potty training.. many use the oads in the crate with suggest, but keep in mind you have to make sure you get him on a schedule for outside training and PRAISE when e goes outside. What we did was when we were home ... every two hours we took them out as puppies... and remember they can only hold the bladder for 1 hour more than they are months old.
Ooohhhh so apparently im overfeeding him . I was at 1 cup 3 TIMES a day. I guess thats why he was beating me to the bathroom! Lol ok ill back off even though would think he hadnt earen in days. Thank you so much!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
That's a guideline. Like it can be a bit more or less depending on what brand of food you give him. Some kibbles are rich in calories and you'll give less or vis versa. You give snacks? If so what are they? You give every other day coconut oil, salmon oil? Etc etc...

OP
Toodasgigi

Toodasgigi

Oct 24, 2015
fort worth tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
George and Winston
That's a guideline. Like it can be a bit more or less depending on what brand of food you give him. Some kibbles are rich in calories and you'll give less or vis versa. You give snacks? If so what are they? You give every other day coconut oil, salmon oil? Etc etc...
I havent given snacks due to trying to control the bathroom breaks and consistancy of his bowel..its very runny and i end up bathinf too often . Hes on fromms puppy large breed and their canned chicken or duck. Just tryinf to avoid overfeeding/bathing, but i dont wanna starve him either.

OP
Toodasgigi

Toodasgigi

Oct 24, 2015
fort worth tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
George and Winston
Oh yeah and yes i put a squurt of salmon oil once per day and a teaspoon of probiotics twice per week..

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I havent given snacks due to trying to control the bathroom breaks and consistancy of his bowel..its very runny and i end up bathinf too often . Hes on fromms puppy large breed and their canned chicken or duck. Just tryinf to avoid overfeeding/bathing, but i dont wanna starve him either.

At that age salmon oil gave Nyala the runs! Why I give it every other day and never with coconut oil. 2x a week is enough for now. Probiotic is the same every other day as that too can give the runs. Start slowly with oils n probiotics. Build his system up slowly. I understand for new 1st time bully owner to read n read n read on this breed as yes "myself" also did the same and to be honest with you it did kind of freak me out a bit. Each dog is different. Don't mean your's will get sick like some bullies in here. Dont forget a lot in here are very healthy and on the go and....over 10yrs old! So like "any breed" It's all about maintenance. Exactly like the human. Make a point cleaning the ears., tail pocket, nail clipping on regular basis, brush everyday just like we humans do to ourselves. If you dont yes that's when issues starts. I would remove the oils for a week or till the stools are normal and reintroduce "one" only per week and again see how the stools are. Build slowly. If you think there is other issues you see for other stuff, you do what you're doing now, ask! Always someone will answer you.

OP
Toodasgigi

Toodasgigi

Oct 24, 2015
fort worth tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
George and Winston
Oh thank you so much for pointing this all out. I honestly couldnt figure if i should be doin all of this. Especially since the breeder had him on bil jack dry and pedigree canned..ugh !!those bowels. And i was going by what my much older bulldog would get before she passed away. Ok so ill take away the oils for a week and let his stools get better should i remove the canned fromms pate too? Its ok if he eats only dry right? (3 mnths)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh thank you so much for pointing this all out. I honestly couldnt figure if i should be doin all of this. Especially since the breeder had him on bil jack dry and pedigree canned..ugh !!those bowels. And i was going by what my much older bulldog would get before she passed away. Ok so ill take away the oils for a week and let his stools get better should i remove the canned fromms pate too? Its ok if he eats only dry right? (3 mnths)

To get to the bottom of it, remove all even cans. Start one by one after the stools settles. Give the stools a good week of settlement then start one item at a time. See what happens....and that too, one item every other day for a good long week or 2. You will have your answers what not to give and what to give. Since you already had a bully, you will be fine. Baby steps!

OP
Toodasgigi

Toodasgigi

Oct 24, 2015
fort worth tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
George and Winston
To get to the bottom of it, remove all even cans. Start one by one after the stools settles. Give the stools a good week of settlement then start one item at a time. See what happens....and that too, one item every other day for a good long week or 2. You will have your answers what not to give and what to give. Since you already had a bully, you will be fine. Baby steps!
Youre a Godsend.. thank you so much.ill update the results!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.