Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Hi All,

I've been having some major issues trimming Boris' nails lately as the last time I did it I accidentally hit his quick and he no longer trusts me with the clipper :( Now anytime I get the clippers out he runs and hides under the table and is extremely aggressive when I try and hold him down to quickly trim his nails.

Any tips or methods for getting this done without too much fuss?

Thanks

Matt, Kelsey and Boris

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
i id the same thing once and never did them myself again.... i take them to the groomer and have the nails dremeled once a month... worth the $15, no stress on any of us

OP
Enjoimangos

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Yeah I will have to look into a groomer, but I worry about that as he will bite them in the process. He really hates getting his nails trimmed and I feel terrible cause it hasnt been a problem for the last 2 years, just recently since I hit the quick :(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Try the groomers... He just might behave for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
i have the same problems with my porkchop.. she growls at me when i try to cut them so im afraid she will bite the groomer.. but again they seem to act different around the vet and groomer, kinda like kids.. they behave when parents aren't around.. lol..

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I do one at a time. He will let me clip one before he acts out. I usually try to get them when he is distracted like eating or chewing on a toy. Sleeping works also. I feel like a pretty mean mommy but he gets treats after.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Yes use a dremel..we got the Oster one and it works great but they still aren't overjoyed at nail trimming time..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Hi All,

I've been having some major issues trimming Boris' nails lately as the last time I did it I accidentally hit his quick and he no longer trusts me with the clipper :( Now anytime I get the clippers out he runs and hides under the table and is extremely aggressive when I try and hold him down to quickly trim his nails.

Any tips or methods for getting this done without too much fuss?

Thanks

Matt, Kelsey and Boris

Yep I am a pussy admit it to all here , Like you I did that to one of My wonderful dogs years ago . I was know ( slightly off topic ) as MR MuM way back I was home taking care of My kids before it was looked upon as it is now , was even invited out to the MuM,s club for coffee after dropping the kids off at school did not go well NO I was not rude , but be surprised what they talk about not my cuppa expresso . I digress what i learned is do what ya can , My dogs go to the vet for that and a health check up , Odin needs a mussel to get the job done and sedatives . so Not My Payscale as was washing My kids in the tub as wee kids , never trust those sit up suction rings t6ake it from Me !

Bexis

Jan 2, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cody
Yeah me too.
P.s. I like that qoute because it feel it happened to me, when I went to live with my friend who owns a bulldog.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You can walk in to Petsmart in USA and Canada without appointment and get dog's nails cut for 10.00

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
i id the same thing once and never did them myself again.... i take them to the groomer and have the nails dremeled once a month... worth the $15, no stress on any of us

Bullies don't really need grooming- I find it much more convenient to wash my Frenchie at the do it yourself wash at the Pet Value pet store. The whole procedure takes about 15 minutes.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullies don't really need grooming- I find it much more convenient to wash my Frenchie at the do it yourself wash at the Pet Value pet store. The whole procedure takes about 15 minutes.

Correct for me grooming is only for nail clipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.