slw93

Aug 3, 2016
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeffrey
So I'm a first time Bulldog owner and my 9 month old Jeffrey has really sore wrinkles and I don't know what to do. I clean them out regularly with wipes and dry them with cotton balls so I don't understand how they've ended up like this. They're red and irritate him. One side has patches of fur missing showing very pink skin and the other side is mucky, scabby and started bleeding today.

How can I help him?

Thank you!

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
The muggy weather is causing increased moistness to all bullies. I am battling face and feet right now. Mine has never gotten to the point of bleeding but I wipe with witch hazel and then apply corn starch to dry them out. His face has been doing much better. Since your bully is bleeding I would wait for other comments.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So I'm a first time Bulldog owner and my 9 month old Jeffrey has really sore wrinkles and I don't know what to do. I clean them out regularly with wipes and dry them with cotton balls so I don't understand how they've ended up like this. They're red and irritate him. One side has patches of fur missing showing very pink skin and the other side is mucky, scabby and started bleeding today.

How can I help him?

Thank you!

Can you get a picture of the fur? Sounds like it could be a hotspot.

Wrinkles -- I use witch hazel to help keep them clean and dry. Lambeau's one eye never stops watering (allergies) and if I did not wipe everyday (2 or 3 times) his would be a raw wet mess too

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16198]slw93[/MENTION] One of my girls had hotspots on her face,in her wrinkles. I cleaned them twice a day with q-tips and cotton balls with witch hazel on them. I made sure that all was dry, and then applied NuStock in all wrinkle and crevices. It took over a week, but the hotspots cleared up. Moistness and debris will cause problems in the wrinkles before you even realize it! In the US, it is a bad year for hotspots(or a good year for hotspots-bad year for getting them!)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Just keep them dry and aply a thin layer of Desitin. That does sound like his food isn't agreeing with him, what are you feeding?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.