What do you use to bathe your bully?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
It is time to buy a new shampoo since I am running out. Fezziks skin is usually pretty good but we are battling face and paw irritation this summer. I have an oatmeal shampoo right now nothing special. We have been doing Epsom salt baths and hibiclens wash for his paws. His paws are wiped every time he goes outside with vinegar. Time will tell to see if this works. But I thought it would be a good idea to bathe him more often with his allergies and am looking for good general shampoo. Any recommendations?

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
We Use Earthbath Puppy for Ellie, its a nice natural shampoo, I know they have some formulations that would be good for our bullies with special skin needs

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
If he is having yeasts problems on his feet, try to stay away from the oatmeal shampoo. We just use a good quality pet shampoo, and I would not bath hm more than twice a month as more could dry out the skin.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I use A soothing by John Paul... Got it at Home Goods, and i agree with David.. Too much bathing will dry put the skin.

I use baby wipes on them after trips outside .. Just wipe the fur and paws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Dr Bronner's pure castile soap. Certified pure trade.... lavender keeps mosquitoes away.

Joannj

Oct 19, 2016
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
MATILDA
I use A soothing by John Paul... Got it at Home Goods, and i agree with David.. Too much bathing will dry put the skin.

I use baby wipes on them after trips outside .. Just wipe the fur and paws

Hi I need help my poor baby Matilda who we just adopted and was not cared for is very smelly. I gave her a bath last Saturday and sge was really stinky yesterday so I gave her another one. I used baby wash. What is causing her to be so smelly
? I also made a dry shampoo during the eerk and used it on her. I need help she is smelling up the house and xar..my poor girl.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi I need help my poor baby Matilda who we just adopted and was not cared for is very smelly. I gave her a bath last Saturday and sge was really stinky yesterday so I gave her another one. I used baby wash. What is causing her to be so smelly
? I also made a dry shampoo during the eerk and used it on her. I need help she is smelling up the house and xar..my poor girl.

It could be the food you are feeding does not agree with her. What are you currently feeding her need the brand and protein

Joannj

Oct 19, 2016
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
MATILDA
She is currently on Iams with chicken. Before we got her last Saturday she was on Rachel Ray 6. I am considering doing home cooking for her. She also is raw between her paws which I read could be from the good too. How can I find out what she may be allergic to? sre there tests for that? If so are they expensive?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We use either a lavender oatmeal, Trizchlor4 or Zymox shampoos. It depends on the season.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She is currently on Iams with chicken. Before we got her last Saturday she was on Rachel Ray 6. I am considering doing home cooking for her. She also is raw between her paws which I read could be from the good too. How can I find out what she may be allergic to? sre there tests for that? If so are they expensive?

I would get her off of Iams as that is not a good food at all ... lots of fillers. A reasonably priced grain free and chicken free food to look into is earthborn holistics. Also, give Benedyl 2x a day... 1mg per pound

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Iams? Ooooh big no no... I home cook and its not a big ordeal. At first it looked overwhelming but once doing it was like... "Oh that wasn't bad" Lol first change the food. If you still want kibbles take one that is a quality one like orijen or fromm. Take one that only has one protein. Must easier to find out which meat she cant be on. But if I where you is go straight to home cooking as that will fix her problem. Again one meat at a time. Nyala is doing fantastic on turkey, lamb, beef organs, any veggies n fruits.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
My girl has allergies currently, prescription shampoo by the vet.
I used Baby shampoo it's gentle and leaves my girl's coat feeling soft.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.