How often do you bathe...

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor seems to suffer from environmental allergies and our vet recommended we shower him him twice weekly using a chlorhexidine shampoo. Before that we used to bathe him like once or twice a year only so this is a big change. The good think about this new regime (started last week so we're still new to it) is that Castor loves it. He is very patient and even lifts his paws for me when I come with the shampoo bottle.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Only if he needs it. He hasn't had one for months.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Only as needed. Usually months would go by before they get baths, sometimes i have to bathe them a day after they just had one.

They get vacuumed daily... they LOOOOVVEEE the vacuum! Hah hah.

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
We try to groom Apollo every 4 weeks but he does end up smelling before that. He's started daycare and he comes home really stinky now. I don't know what it is. I will try using the vinegar rinse on him.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We try to groom Apollo every 4 weeks but he does end up smelling before that. He's started daycare and he comes home really stinky now. I don't know what it is. I will try using the vinegar rinse on him.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Oooooooooooh them daycares lollll

Get yourself a little bottle spritzer style, add some water and essential oils. Spray your little stinky as you put it which was cute btw... like that you'll wont have to wash him too often. What I do is buy baby wipes unsented at Costco and use it daily as a quick wash. I wash her ears, tail pocket so like that prevents her getting infections. Just a thought :)

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Duds has had two baths in 18 months, he's not a big fan :D the way he carry's on you would think we were bathing him in acid!! not tepid water and baby shampoo! :D

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
Ive been giving Chapo a bath 1-2 times a week. Bulldogs start to smell fairly quick. I was actually trying to research strong products i can use to remove the deep dog smell. Some say Cinnamon spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ive been giving Chapo a bath 1-2 times a week. Bulldogs start to smell fairly quick. I was actually trying to research strong products i can use to remove the deep dog smell. Some say Cinnamon spray.

might be the food you are feeding does not agree with him.... bathing that often will strip his fur of natural oils and cause dry skin

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
How do you manage 3-4 year? Do you do a daily hygiene routine? Just curious!
3-4 times a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure bathing 2x week is good for them. Strong smell could be a symptom of another issue.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Raw food keeps their coat almost self cleaning. There is natural oils in dogs coats that really do that if let to do their job and if their nutrition is something that promotes it, like raw is. Once my Usko brushed himself against the car and got his side all black and dirty. I was too busy to wash him right away, so I just brushed it clean as much as I could, but still stere was a gray spot on his side. Being too busy for a few days and not washing him I noticed the dirty spot just going away by itself and it didn't even feal dirty! I of course washed in him eventually... Then once I experimented with his food and cooked him some millets and quinoa with his raw meat, that made his coat feel sticky and dirty. When I quit giving him those it cleared up in few days. I you wash your bully too often the natural oils are gone and stay gone and then you really have to wash them often.

You can come and smell my bullies any time and they don't smell at all.

How do you manage 3-4 year? Do you do a daily hygiene routine? Just curious!

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure bathing 2x week is good for them. Strong smell could be a symptom of another issue.

ryecoon

Sep 3, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chapo
I might of over exaggerated with the deep dog smell. Its actually not too bad but I guess im trying to keep him smellin fresh all the time. I have a light weight Ocd problem with dog Hygiene. I will cut down on his bath.

Most Reactions