How often do you bathe...

Slappy

May 18, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Your bully? Lol
I've searched here, and Google, can't seem to find a answer. I've seen everywhere from once a week to never!
I used to have a Saint Bernard. He got done every other month.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Once a week, sometimes more depending on how dirty she gets from playing at daycare!! :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We bathe our guys once every two weeks. I use Puppy Tearless Shampoo from Petsmart. It's the equivalent of baby shampoo for dogs. Lol. It doesn't irritate their eyes. I rinse them twice, once with warm water, and a second rinse of equal parts of warm water and white vinegar. It keeps them smelling nice longer in between their baths, and it makes their fur really soft, plus vinegar is a natural anti bacterial and anti fungal, so it helps to kill bacteria which can cause skin issues and conditions the skin.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Haven't had her long enough and dont plan on once a month but longer. My GS was spring n end of fall. I didn't see myself washing a 115lbs double coat dog in the house winter. Nyala might be 4x a year. She gets wiped down weekly with baby wipes. And daily for ears, tail pocket and each meals chin n mouth. Crap man, worse than when i had my kids.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
3-4 times a year.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I usually do it about once a month since he starts to smell around then. I base it on how he is looking or what he has gotten into. For instance, the other night he decided to sniff a dead chipmunk that I didn't notice until he was on it and because I was so disturbed with him sniffing the chipmunk I didn't pull him away in time from flinging his poo so he got it all over his paws. I am still using the puppy shampoo but will switch when it runs out so he may go longer in between baths.

While I only bathe him once a month, he gets daily face and butt wipes. He also gets his ears wiped every 3 days. I'll wipe the paws and rest of his body from time to time also.

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
We go for once a week--mostly because she has a white saddle so dirt really shows. Sometimes we will let her go two weeks, but use baby wipes to scrub her all over.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Mine get baths about every 2-3 weeks. We are outside a lot, so they get stinky. Dremmel nails every 2 weeks and clean their ears weekly.
Daily maintenance on face/folds 2xs a day, feet and privates get wiped after every potty break.
We will probably be boarding them for July 4th weekend- wondering if the staff will think I'm crazy going in with their "daily maintenance log" - lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Depends really. Sometimes we go a few months in between baths. In the winter longer :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Good title...thought you were trying to tell me something for a minute there. :p

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Only as needed.... maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

OP
S

Slappy

May 18, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Good stuff.
I was thinking once every other month. But if he needs it more then no big deal.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.