Cleaning male nipples

Jellyfish

Mar 24, 2016
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Hank's nipples are sort of recessed and don't stick out at all. This leaves a layer of skin folded around them and dirt gets inside. I've been trying to clean them with unscented baby wipes but I can't seem to get all the dirt out. Any suggestions of a solution to loosen the dirt so that I can get it out and so they don't eventually get infected?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I don't have that problem but you could try warm or cool wet towel wraps to loosen the dirt. Do they look red? Can you get away with a monthly bath? The only things I clean daily are face and mouth, penis, and butt. I clean ears, tail pocket, feet, and brush at least once a week. Overall I only clean what I have learned will get irritated if I do not on that schedule otherwise I leave it up to monthly baths.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I had some females whose nipples were like that. I "grabbed" the nipple and pulled it out, so I could clean around it.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I had some females whose nipples were like that. I "grabbed" the nipple and pulled it out, so I could clean around it.

Should nipples be cleaned more often than during bath time? I don't make it part of my routine and wonder if I should.

OP
Jellyfish

Jellyfish

Mar 24, 2016
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
I don't have that problem but you could try warm or cool wet towel wraps to loosen the dirt. Do they look red? Can you get away with a monthly bath? The only things I clean daily are face and mouth, penis, and butt. I clean ears, tail pocket, feet, and brush at least once a week. Overall I only clean what I have learned will get irritated if I do not on that schedule otherwise I leave it up to monthly baths.
They aren't red but when we were petting his belly we noticed dark stuff in there and so I tried to clean them with a wipe but the dirt is very stubborn. I got some out but I couldn't get it all. He probably would be OK with a monthly bath.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have this issue with Lambeau too..... can not get the buggers clean. never had it with Nitschke, Banks or Cheli.... just the Lambutt :stinkeye:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
I guess I sounded harsh with the above post. I would just hold the skin around the nipple, and try to raise the nipple. If I couldn't, I would use some baby oil on a Q tip and clean it.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I guess I sounded harsh with the above post. I would just hold the skin around the nipple, and try to raise the nipple. If I couldn't, I would use some baby oil on a Q tip and clean it.

You sure are gentle, never harsh.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Aw [MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] I have dumped Jimmy and come over to your side! Lucky you!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.