Mvega

Apr 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kona
Hi everyone, I have a 6 year old female miniature English bulldog. I haven't had any health issues the first 5+ years but she had a tail pocket infection about 4 months ago that was treated with medicated pads and a cream. The past couple of weeks she seems very uncomfortable and has had trouble sleeping because she's so uncomfortable. I regularly clean out her tail pocket with medicated pads and it seems to be clean with no odor. I've read that her tail style could be the issue. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Or could it be another issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. She looks so sad and uncomfortable and it's breaking my heart. Thank you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN .... could be a deeper infection or inflammation that you can not see or reach. Are you wiping till the pads are clear of any 'dirt'?

OP
M

Mvega

Apr 3, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kona
Welcome to EBN .... could be a deeper infection or inflammation that you can not see or reach. Are you wiping till the pads are clear of any 'dirt'?

Yes. I'll clean it as far back as I can. She seems more aggressive when I'm on the outside of the tail. She's fine once I can actually get inside

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes. I'll clean it as far back as I can. She seems more aggressive when I'm on the outside of the tail. She's fine once I can actually get inside

That could be anal gland issues... I would have a vet check them again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online