Tail pocket still an issue

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
I may be a bit premature with this post but I cleaned Georges Tail pocket today and he was ok ish with it. He fell asleep a few mins later and after around 5 mins he jumped up and started squealing and twisting around as if to chase his tail. It was a noise I had never heard him make before it was very sharp and quite frightening for us.
I am not sure if he had a dream or if his tail pocket is bothering him.
My other thought is that he had a full meal of raw food today would it be something to do with that transition from kibble I am doing it very gradually increasing the size of the raw portion by a little amount each day and this evening was his first whole raw meal.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I may be a bit premature with this post but I cleaned Georges Tail pocket today and he was ok ish with it. He fell asleep a few mins later and after around 5 mins he jumped up and started squealing and twisting around as if to chase his tail. It was a noise I had never heard him make before it was very sharp and quite frightening for us.
I am not sure if he had a dream or if his tail pocket is bothering him.
My other thought is that he had a full meal of raw food today would it be something to do with that transition from kibble I am doing it very gradually increasing the size of the raw portion by a little amount each day and this evening was his first whole raw meal.

Don't think it would be the raw. The way you describe sounds like its definitely his tail pocket. Have you been able to get some powder in there?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It does sound like his tail pocket still bothering him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agreed... Tail pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Don't think it would be the raw. The way you describe sounds like its definitely his tail pocket. Have you been able to get some powder in there?

Didn't manage to get the powder in as he was super agitated when we were cleaning him it was impossible to hold him I will try to do it today. It is so tight in there I hate that I am hurting him ��

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
To get powder in Frank's tail pocket, I bought a squeeze bottle with a pointy tip (like you get for ketchup and mustard). I put the powder in there and just stick the tip into his tail pocket to squeeze some powder in there. Frank's tail pocket is really tight too and he will always get a bit agitated after I clean it. The powder seems to help soothe it though.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
To get powder in Frank's tail pocket, I bought a squeeze bottle with a pointy tip (like you get for ketchup and mustard). I put the powder in there and just stick the tip into his tail pocket to squeeze some powder in there. Frank's tail pocket is really tight too and he will always get a bit agitated after I clean it. The powder seems to help soothe it though.
I got a squeeze of powder in (not very far) but it's in anyway I'll look for a bottle like that to use as soon as I can thanks.
The powder came in small containers (1oz) so it's not to difficult to work with in that small area.

michaelsbroly

Nov 20, 2015
Hempstead, Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Broly
When cleaning his tail pocket are you able to clean it all the way in there? I ask because I had the same issue with our little one and his tail ended up getting inflected.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
When cleaning his tail pocket are you able to clean it all the way in there? I ask because I had the same issue with our little one and his tail ended up getting inflected.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I am flushing it out at the moment with those blunt plastic syringes the vet showed me how to do it I can't really stick my finger in at the moment as it is extremely tender from the infection but once I have it under control I hope he will be fine with normal cleaning. It seems to me going well he didn't run away yesterday when I was doing it and I got the diaper cream on it also (vets orders). The irritation seems to be right at the outer edge of the pocket not inside as much as I thought.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online