Products for my new buddy

Tjw5000

Feb 23, 2016
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
https://youtu.be/tfHh-viBtxI

Is that a good idea? Maybe add some coconut oil also?

Any and all suggestions on items to care for my guys skin coat and all that to keep him as healthy as I possibly can

Maybe add coconut milk alo and witch hazel to it

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
interesting..... i only bath my guys maybe twice a year unless they get into something. i use a Paul Mitchell dog shampoo --- it is callled John Paul Pet. Got it for $5 at TJ Maxx

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I try to work on the skin and coat from the inside out rather than using bath products, so good food, Nuvet plus, coconut or salmon oil a few times a week, no junk treats ever. Now bath time I do like bc they are extra soft and it helps remove hair and shedding but I only bath about once every two- three months. I'm not sure exactly but it's when they start smelly musty ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I use the dog shampoo from Burts Bees, but the recipe in the video looks like a good one. I also agree with [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] regarding diet, Nuvet and coconut oil. My bullies have very shiny slick coats. Plus, they HATE baths!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I agree with Lisa start from the inside out

We do bath FTSE at least once a month as he is the kid that likes playing with mud any dirt in the yard and he will there rolling in it so therefore needs a bath more often, he is a silly boy as he doesn't like bath time

OP
T

Tjw5000

Feb 23, 2016
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
It a good idea to 1 never get head wet and to put cotton balls I the ears at bath time to ensure no water gets in the ear

codered

Feb 25, 2016
panhandle of Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diamond
believe it or not but a lot of dog shampoos are better than human shampoos. The only human shampoo i would use on dogs are old spice because it smells good and it's good for sensitive skin. i also use selsun blue on diamond and it keeps her coat soft.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.