jdeveaux

Bully Buttler
Jan 12, 2016
Sugar Land, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jupiter
I'm not sure what it is about Jupiter but we keep finding large fleas on her and we've never had any issues with our other dogs. Even started checking them when we found one on Jupiter. We bathe her with and oatmeal/Chamomile shampoo and pull them off but then as soon as we take her out we'll find another flee on her. It's like she is a magnet for the things.

She is only 8 weeks old so I don't know, still researching, if we can treat her with anything for fleas.

Thoughts? Have you ever treated your bully's for fleas as pups?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You can use Dawn (regular) dish soap.... it kills fleas

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You can also get some food grade DE and rub it in to her fur. Just don't breathe it in. Also, you can steep some lemons in water, strain and add some lavender oil then put it in a spray bottle which will help not only with fleas but mosquitos and ticks as well. Outside of that you need to try and identify where they are coming from and if it is your yard i would suggest you have a pest control professional that uses pet safe chemicals treat your yard on a regular basis.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
According to the website you can apply K9 Advantix II at 7 weeks and it will prevent fleas from forming. It should also kill most of the adult fleas.

I've never had a problem but I use this brand on my dog with no side effects except for greasy hair. Ticks are bad where I live. I started using this at 9 weeks since it was summer and high tick season.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
After you bathe her and use Dawn, do an apple cider vinegar rinse.

If you don't already, put ACV in her food or water daily (1/2-1capful is plenty).

Get a spray bottle and fill w/1 part ACV and 1-2 parts water, spray her before she goes outside…you should see results!!

OP
jdeveaux

jdeveaux

Bully Buttler
Jan 12, 2016
Sugar Land, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jupiter
You can also get some food grade DE and rub it in to her fur. Just don't breathe it in. Also, you can steep some lemons in water, strain and add some lavender oil then put it in a spray bottle which will help not only with fleas but mosquitos and ticks as well. Outside of that you need to try and identify where they are coming from and if it is your yard i would suggest you have a pest control professional that uses pet safe chemicals treat your yard on a regular basis.

What does the DE stand for? Thank You.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.