Help Sebastian please. .

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Hi everyone I have not been here in a very long while , personal stuff . And now I need some help my beautiful boy is so broke out red and raw patches popping up here and there and I pretty well know that the food is a problem. When my boy was given to me for my birthday two years ago and I had a good job and fead him fromms but due to health and the fact that the insurance company is being a turd and cut me off with absolutely no money coming in and my daughter is supporting me herself and her thee. Girls with two cats and two dogs to feed he is eating cheap food right now and I feel so bad for him . My daughter got another second job She lost the one she had for three years . Anyway in about a month we will be able to get him his Fromms back but what can I do in the meantime he is so irritated I have been giving him Benaydrel every day . What else can I do .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Instead of the cheap food.... can you do bland diet with a supplement?

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Explain bland diet to me

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
If it means like cooked chicken and stuff we are doing good to feed our girls ... Stretching as far as I can .

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I just gave him a bath and I used my expensive shampoo and conditioner. Please don't judge I get my very good Paul Mitchell lasts me for two to three months and the last time we bought it he was still eating Fromms . Anyway I bathed him in peroxide as well . And put eczema lotion on him . I could tell it felt really good but then he was upset cause he is uncomfortable:((( it's breaking my heart . If we could make him comfortable with the cheap stuff for just a little longer . Our other dog is a huge puppy still growing and a chow hound I will be keeping my Fromms in my bedroom closet and my little momma can get her baby Blue again

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I even thought maybe it was fleas at first . He has had a few but really not many , so it has to be cheaper food .

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
my gucci gets this at this time of year.. i think it is from flea bites.. she gets hotspots.. and if your not careful they will get bigger very quickly.. i put some hotspot medicine i purchased from my local animal feed store and it cleared it up almost over night.. i keep it on hand now just in case.. i actually have more dog medicine in my cabinet then people medicine.. lol.. good luck hope Sebastian gets better soon.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi everyone I have not been here in a very long while , personal stuff . And now I need some help my beautiful boy is so broke out red and raw patches popping up here and there and I pretty well know that the food is a problem. When my boy was given to me for my birthday two years ago and I had a good job and fead him fromms but due to health and the fact that the insurance company is being a turd and cut me off with absolutely no money coming in and my daughter is supporting me herself and her thee. Girls with two cats and two dogs to feed he is eating cheap food right now and I feel so bad for him . My daughter got another second job She lost the one she had for three years . Anyway in about a month we will be able to get him his Fromms back but what can I do in the meantime he is so irritated I have been giving him Benaydrel every day . What else can I do .

Hi Donna, I'm so sorry you're going through this with Sebastien and with your medical issues. I understand, as I am also on a medical leave of absence from my job, and don't know if I will be able to go back to my career. I'm waiting to see if I will be approved for disability. I also have my Dozer who is allergic to almost every protein out there. He's a mess with goopy eyes, itchy paws, excessive licking, and he has scratched his chest raw. I had my guys on Fromms but due to him being allergic to chicken, salmon, beef, and now lamb, and even rabbit, and whitefish, I have just started him on a dehydrated food and mixing in my own protein. If this doesn't work then I'm going to make him a vegetarian, using Natural Balance Vegan kibble and mix non animal proteins like eggs, cottage cheese, and kidney and other beans.
I agree with to put him on a bland diet until you can put him back on Fromms. A bland diet consists of plain boiled rice and ground beef just sautéed or browned in water. You can buy a big bag of rice and a big package of ground beef from Costco, mix it up and divide it into 1 cup portions and put them in freezer bags and keep them in the freezer.

Miss Charlotte

Jan 31, 2015
Elizabeth,NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlotte
Baby shampoo may be more soothing than the paul Mitchell... Chemicals in it may dry skin worse.
Can you maybe add more white rice and some coconut oil?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9965]Enjnene[/MENTION] Some dogs have flea allergies. Just having one flea can cause terrible itching and redness. Dawn dish soap will kill the fleas that are on him,when you give him a bath. Skin so soft bath oil, from Avon also helps keep them off for awhile, and can soothe the skin. I am sorry you have this problem,but hopefully soon things will be better.

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Thank you Manydogs I have bathed him with dawn and it did not seem to help .

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Thank you Manydogs I have bathed him with dawn and it did not seem to help . Miss Charlotte I will definitely get some coconut oil but that has to wait until next week rice too . I can afford baby shampoo :)

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Hi Donna, I'm so sorry you're going through this with Sebastien and with your medical issues. I understand, as I am also on a medical leave of absence from my job, and don't know if I will be able to go back to my career. I'm waiting to see if I will be approved for disability. I also have my Dozer who is allergic to almost every protein out there. He's a mess with goopy eyes, itchy paws, excessive licking, and he has scratched his chest raw. I had my guys on Fromms but due to him being allergic to chicken, salmon, beef, and now lamb, and even rabbit, and whitefish, I have just started him on a dehydrated food and mixing in my own protein. If this doesn't work then I'm going to make him a vegetarian, using Natural Balance Vegan kibble and mix non animal proteins like eggs, cottage cheese, and kidney and other beans.
I agree with to put him on a bland diet until you can put him back on Fromms. A bland diet consists of plain boiled rice and ground beef just sautéed or browned in water. You can buy a big bag of rice and a big package of ground beef from Costco, mix it up and divide it into 1 cup portions and put them in freezer bags and keep them in the freezer.

I'm sorry for your babies issues and your health , we are stretching out food right now so I don't know about hamburger but rice I can do and will try to stretch the hamburger for him to get some . Thankyou for your help .

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
my gucci gets this at this time of year.. i think it is from flea bites.. she gets hotspots.. and if your not careful they will get bigger very quickly.. i put some hotspot medicine i purchased from my local animal feed store and it cleared it up almost over night.. i keep it on hand now just in case.. i actually have more dog medicine in my cabinet then people medicine.. lol.. good luck hope Sebastian gets better soon.

Oh yes I have hot spot medicine and have been using it it really does help maybe I should bathe him in it . Lol

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I gave Sebastian a bath laat night "such an ordeal with him " my back is killing me cause he hates his bath and I have to half pick up his 85 pound butt and my back is really bad having had two back surgeries. Anyway I bathe him in peroxide and used Paul Mitchell moisture shampoo and conditioner I even put some eczema lotion on him he seems a bit better but still uncomfortable so I'm fixing to put a lot of hot spot medicine on him and see how he feels in a bit .
Thankyou all so much for all your help I will do all that I can for my baby and I thank you all so much !!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.