How to Clean my Bully's Tail Pocket . . .

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
My Bully, Maximus, stinks! Period. And it's coming from his Tail Pocket. I usually use a wipe to clean out the tail pocket, but even with that, he stinks! I'm also finding that when I insert my finger into his tail pocket to clean around the area, the wipe comes out with blood on it. Is there some sort of lotion or cream or ointment that I can use to clean out the Tail pocket, so that Maximus doesn't have an odor?

Thanks for your help.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I use hibiclens (CVS) - chorhexedine 4% solution. Harvey loves his tail pocket being worked on.

I go "wipe butt" and he comes to me willingly to have his tailpocket cleaned. He must enjoy it since he starts licking the air as i work on his tailpocket.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Since it is bleeding it is infected and needs a vet to clean out and get some antibiotics.

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus' tail pocket is not bleeding profusely - I think it is irritated from my finger going in there and going around it inside to clean it out - right now, it REEKS! It is stinky and he stinks back there! If I don't get it under control, I won't be able to take him out. Yesterday at the VET, I was mortified sitting in the waiting room - Maximus Stunk ! Period! He really stunk back there, and I know that smell very well, and it infests an entire room. So, I'm going to use Witch Hazel on a wipe and clean it out until the stink and smell goes away ! Eeeeewwwwwwwwwww!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=701]Maximus[/MENTION] Yuck, are you sure it isn't his glands?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.