RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
This summer my boys were attacked by countless number of insects. Voitto even more so, since he is the one that adventures in grass and all possible bushes. His forhead was like a battle field with bold patches and bumbs. I, in my infamous wisdom, sprayed it with serum that is brown....so his white forehead has been brown ever since, with bold spots...very good for a show dog..... I've tried everything with very little results. Ii thought I just have to waite until the hair changes and that takes time. I've noticed in my trials that everything greasy works the best, so this time I tried coconut oil....and it works! Didn't get everything out at once, but had the best results so far. Few more days and it's white again. He's had some tear stains too, since I started giving him kelp and it works for them too! Coconut oil is my new favorite wonder ointment, I must try it on myself too, maybe it will wipe away the years too...
DSC_0127-001.jpgHere they are basking in the evening sun:heart::heart:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
This summer my boys were attacked by countless number of insects. Voitto even more so, since he is the one that adventures in grass and all possible bushes. His forhead was like a battle field with bold patches and bumbs. I, in my infamous wisdom, sprayed it with serum that is brown....so his white forehead has been brown ever since, with bold spots...very good for a show dog..... I've tried everything with very little results. Ii thought I just have to waite until the hair changes and that takes time. I've noticed in my trials that everything greasy works the best, so this time I tried coconut oil....and it works! Didn't get everything out at once, but had the best results so far. Few more days and it's white again. He's had some tear stains too, since I started giving him kelp and it works for them too! Coconut oil is my new favorite wonder ointment, I must try it on myself too, maybe it will wipe away the years too...

I use coconut oil to brush Tyson's teeth :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's great, I gotta try this and see what happens. They look so beautiful in that picture! like always.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Coconut oil is my new favorite wonder ointment, I must try it on myself too, maybe it will wipe away the years too...
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] if it works, let me know,please. I will order a drum of it,and climb in!!!!!!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Always nice to find something that works AND is natural and healthy:) I use a mix of coconut oil and bicarbonate of soda/baking soda to clean my face, works well, don't even need to use face creams anymore:tongue: and I can brush my teeth with the same mixture with good result:blush2:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so glad Coconut Oil worked for you. There are so many health benefits of coconut oil.

Coconut oil consists of more than 90% saturated fats, with traces of few unsaturated fatty acids, such as monounsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids. Most of the saturated fats in coconut oil are Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs). The main component (more than 40%) of MCTs is lauric acid, followed by capric acid, caprylic acid, myristic acid and palmitic. Coconut oil also contains about 2% linoleic acid (polyunsaturated fatty acids) and about 6% oleic acid (monounsaturated fatty acids). Coconut oil is higher in Lauric acid than most foods. The only other abundant source found in nature is breast milk. Lauric acid plays a large role in keeping infants from getting viral, bacterial and protozoal infection. In much the same way, coconut oil can help your dog with specific ailments and contribute to overall health. Capric and caprylic acid have similar properties and are best known for their anti-fungal effects.

Clears up skin conditions such as eczema, flea allergies, contact dermatitis, and itchy skin

Reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health

Can also help protect your dog against skin cancer and reduce age spots

Makes coats become sleek and glossy, and deodorizes doggy odor

Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections, including candida

Disinfects cuts and promotes wound healing

Applied topically, promotes the healing of cuts, wounds, hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings

Improves digestion and nutrient absorption

Aids healing of digestive disorders like inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis

Reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs

Aids in elimination of hairballs and coughing

Immune System, Metabolic Function, Bone Health such as preventing osteoporosis

Contains powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal agents that prevent infection and disease

Regulates and balance insulin and promotes normal thyroid function

Helps prevent or control diabetes

Helps reduce weight, increases energy

Aids in arthritis or ligament problems

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Tried it on my face and it feels great. Do you do this every day? If so once or twice? I'm pumped...I can almost feel the years melting....:dance3:

Always nice to find something that works AND is natural and healthy:) I use a mix of coconut oil and bicarbonate of soda/baking soda to clean my face, works well, don't even need to use face creams anymore:tongue: and I can brush my teeth with the same mixture with good result:blush2:

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Tried it on my face and it feels great. Do you do this every day? If so once or twice? I'm pumped...I can almost feel the years melting....:dance3:

Awesome isn't it? :w00t: I use it at least once every day, I've found that it's easier to use in the shower cos it works better to rinse... so for me that's every night just before bed. I love it, the baking soda makes it scrub a bit which I like:) It's also nice not having to spend money on face creams, lol.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Word of warning if you put it on yourself. Prepare to be licked to death by the babies... lol Happens every time my wife does it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Your boys are gorgeous

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
View attachment 92241Here they are basking in the evening sun[emoji813][emoji813]
Your boys are beautiful [emoji190] [emoji190] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

raghu

Jan 7, 2015
India
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Let me chime in here. I live in the land of coconut oil.
We use it for anything and everything.

It is a great balm for topical rashes and itchy skin for both dogs and humans.

We use it regularly (once a week or every two weeks) and have an "oil bath".
Never tried this on my dog though. But I do know of friends who give oil treatment to dogs.

On humans, the ideal way is to apply all over the body and head (liberally on the hair and scalp)
Soak for 15-30 mins and then shower hot. Shampoo it off and treat with conditioner if necessary.

Skin will be nicely nourished and scalp dryness will reduce and hair will become smooth.
Added benefit is it cools the body down.

-Raghu

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I, too, am a fellow coco-NUT!
There is always a jar or two (or three) in my cabinet. Bass has his own. I started reading and researching all about it when my close friend was diagnosed w/Lyme disease some years back. This was one of the "natural healing" items that had the best results and most positive feedback.

Just wanted to add that "oil-pulling" is extremely effective and coconut oil is one of the best kinds to use because it tastes so darn good! If you haven't read about oil pulling, it's a technique used to treat many health ailments (and possibly even reverse gum disease). Just a big spoonful and a 15-20 minute "swoosh" followed by spitting and rinsing (not in the sink though, too much bacteria is released, trash or toilet is best) one to two times a day…
My personal favorite is Kelapo, but there are many awesome brands out there and easier to purchase now that most grocery stores carry a larger selection of organic items :)

- wooshk, that was longer than I thought…see, told ya I was a coco-NUT :blush::smoochwink:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.