Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally got it! Coconut oil!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Finally got it! Coconut oil!

Handsome fellas indeed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Likes RiiSi liked this post
    Real Name
    Raghu Prasad
    Country
    India
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Let me chime in here. I live in the land of coconut oil.
    We use it for anything and everything.

It is a great balm for topical rashes and itchy skin for both dogs and humans.

We use it regularly (once a week or every two weeks) and have an "oil bath".
    Never tried this on my dog though. But I do know of friends who give oil treatment to dogs.

On humans, the ideal way is to apply all over the body and head (liberally on the hair and scalp)
    Soak for 15-30 mins and then shower hot. Shampoo it off and treat with conditioner if necessary.

Skin will be nicely nourished and scalp dryness will reduce and hair will become smooth.
    Added benefit is it cools the body down.

-Raghu

4. Likes NewEnglandBully, RiiSi liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I, too, am a fellow coco-NUT!
    There is always a jar or two (or three) in my cabinet. Bass has his own. I started reading and researching all about it when my close friend was diagnosed w/Lyme disease some years back. This was one of the "natural healing" items that had the best results and most positive feedback.

Just wanted to add that "oil-pulling" is extremely effective and coconut oil is one of the best kinds to use because it tastes so darn good! If you haven't read about oil pulling, it's a technique used to treat many health ailments (and possibly even reverse gum disease). Just a big spoonful and a 15-20 minute "swoosh" followed by spitting and rinsing (not in the sink though, too much bacteria is released, trash or toilet is best) one to two times a day…
    My personal favorite is Kelapo, but there are many awesome brands out there and easier to purchase now that most grocery stores carry a larger selection of organic items

- wooshk, that was longer than I thought…see, told ya I was a coco-NUT

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

6. Likes RiiSi liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bob
    Likes (Received)

They are beautiful. How old are they ? So coconut oil works for tear stains ? My Bob is all white . I was told there is nothing safe that is on the market for tear stains except baking soda and today the breeder spoke of coconut oil. This is good to know. I know what I will be buying tomorrow.

Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mainer View Post
    They are beautiful. How old are they ? So coconut oil works for tear stains ? My Bob is all white . I was told there is nothing safe that is on the market for tear stains except baking soda and today the breeder spoke of coconut oil. This is good to know. I know what I will be buying tomorrow.
    Have you tried the milk of magnesia/hydrogen peroxide/cornstarch mix? As long as it's not red and raw, this works well. My boy can only handle the peroxide once in a great while, it bothers his skin…but out of all the remedies I have tried, this one worked the best to significantly lighten them.

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moose
    Likes (Received)

I just began adding this to Moose's food after reading the many benefits of coconut oil.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads