Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
So we were walking Murphy this morning and we ran into a gentleman that couldn't pass it up not to pet and play with our little guy.

I have taken pride with how much attention,care & maintenance he needs. That being said, one of the first things out of this guys mouth is
"Ya know you are suppose to clean their nose wrinkles right?"

Yup. I sure do. I almost got offended, my husband looked and me and gave me the reassuring "it's okay" look. :/
He does have stains,mostly on the left side but he has been in surgery twice within the last month due to his eyes-so really don't want to be all up in his eyes if I don't need to be.
Don't get me wrong I dry them twice a day etc and clean them at night with malacetic wipes & do the medicine routine but don't want to do any pressing or deep deep cleaning with mixtures quite yet. But that was a bummer that it was one of the first things he noticed about our little man.
And they aren't even that bad.

He got a long bath tonight and I washed his face well and dried it.
We switched to a filter that is directly on our faucet
So that's step one.

I bought desitin while we were out, so going to do the peroxide mixture as well.

But has anyone tried this stuff

Dog Eye Care: Show Eyes® Tear Stain Remover by Drs. Foster & Smith

Murphy thanks you :D

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I COMPLETELY empathize with you!! I take so much pride in how well I daily maintain Bass and get instantly offended if a total stranger, or professional even, starts lecturing me on the dos and don'ts of Bulldog upkeep. I know it's not them trying to be a know-it-all or offend me on purpose, but I can not help but to take it personal. If I need advice, I'd ask!!! After dedicating so much time to research, maintenance and individual, attentive care - I just can't help but want to throw a tantrum like a toddler and start punching like Tyson in the ring…
That being said :whew: lol, no I haven't, but I am interested in knowing how well it works! We, too, battle the tragic tear stains and some months are just so much worse than others (seasonal allergies). We can't really do the MOM/peroxide/cornstarch often because the peroxide irritates Bass' sensitive skin, but it has been the only thing that removes the dark staining...Please keep me updated on this product!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
People totally annoy me.... i have never tried the product, but it most likely is the mix you are going to use -- check the ingredients and maybe wait to buy anything till after you re on the filtered water for awhile and he is all healed up from the procedures.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I will also be interested in how it works for you. I went to the website and read the reviews. Some people said it works great and some people said it didn't work at all--looked about even to me. I don't really like that you need to put ointment in their eyes before using them.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm right there w/you… I clean Wally's eyes on a regular basis, and they still get red/watery. People are idiots, when anyone make a moronic comment like that I just completely ignore them… you can't fix STUPID!!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Some people just aren't happy if they're not picking

I have used something similiar to that and I thought it worked and when it was finished it all came back I switched FTSE food and it pretty much went away but he mostly always has a red tinge no matter what it does get frustrating if you know your doing what you can don't worry about the idiots that pick

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
No matter what food Nula is on her eyes are wet and am forever cleaning them. Patty told me to add one cap full of cider vinegar to there water and her eyes are brill.
For something so cheap it's worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Kimberlie

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Awesome
Thanks everyone:)

Going to give it a few days for the filtered water to be present in his system & then go from there.

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
I was going to take a photo of Bentley and find an old one tomorrow from his last month. My vet told me to use a 50/50 mixture of neosporin and hydrocortisone cream. Its only been three days of a nightly application after I clean and dry his face. I have never seen his eye wrinkle so white before!

OP
Kimberlie

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Really?? That sounds pretty good. The neo will help if it ever gets irritated too!
Can't wait to see pics.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was going to take a photo of Bentley and find an old one tomorrow from his last month. My vet told me to use a 50/50 mixture of neosporin and hydrocortisone cream. Its only been three days of a nightly application after I clean and dry his face. I have never seen his eye wrinkle so white before!

Interesting... Keep us posted

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I'm going to try this!! :thanks:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.