Flea Dirt ? Oatmeal shampoo?

TheFknHansons

Sep 25, 2015
Lebanon PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
We are bathing Roxy tomorrow for the first time and want to remove all of the flea dirt. We have oatmeal shampoo and wanted to know if there were any techniques for shampooing the dirt out? Any brushing during with a particular brush? image.jpegimage.jpeg

Sandy Hurley

Sep 24, 2015
WA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Shelby (4y/o), Tank (RIP), Bodi (10 mos)
She is small enough that fitting in the sink using the pressure nozzle should be adequate to really get down to her skin and remove the dirt, we invested in a sprayer attachment for the shower as ours grew bigger. We also use a good conditioner to help release dirt and dead hair from her coat. The conditioner really helps minimize shedding for us. We use blue dawn dish soap paired with an oatmeal conditioner (burts bees) i believe it is. :). Happy bathing she is adorabull!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I bought a sprayer for the tub also. It is wonderful! I don't know how I had the patience to bathe them using a cup to rinse. I am sure I do a better job now. I always soap them up twice when I give them a bath. Then use conditioner, not every time but most always. I use an old washcloth when I give them a bath. It's the easiest thing for me. I have a couple that are sort of thin and not real soft and they work the best. The soft thick ones don't do as good when they're really dirty it seems. For the fleas to kill them use dawn dish soap. I'm a new believer in this as I had to use it recently. Then I used my regular dog shampoo and then conditioner. I guess I was worried about the down drying their skin. How is your baby doing?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We are bathing Roxy tomorrow for the first time and want to remove all of the flea dirt. We have oatmeal shampoo and wanted to know if there were any techniques for shampooing the dirt out? Any brushing during with a particular brush?View attachment 91631View attachment 91631

Agreed wit the others.... place her in the kitchen sink and use dawn dish soap -- it kills fleas! I also us a KONG Zoom Groom for baths -- it gives a good massage along with the wash

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You should only have to use it once maybe twice

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.