What type of brush to use

PixiesMom

Aug 28, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pixie
Im so confused on what brush to use on my puppy ,they have so many to choose from but I don't know what will be best for her. Can you please help me:)

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I don't use any specific brush, my bulldogs love any type of brushing :) I know that many use furminator brushes, I don't have any experience of them myself but I've heard they are great for removing hair so they shed less :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Im so confused on what brush to use on my puppy ,they have so many to choose from but I don't know what will be best for her. Can you please help me:)

Hi, I use the Kong Zoom Groom, and I love it. It's made of soft rubber and is easy to hold in your hand, it removes all the loose hairs, and I use it in the tub after I bath them to remove all the loose hairs after shampooing. The teeth on the brush are wide apart so the hairs don't stick to it, and it's very easy to clean, you just rinse it under the tap and no hairs stick to it. The furballs love being brushed with it, it's like a massage to them. I have tried the Furminator, but I returned it, because I found it too hard and they were afraid of the noise of it

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi, I use the Kong Zoom Groom, and I love it. It's made of soft rubber and is easy to hold in your hand, it removes all the loose hairs, and I use it in the tub after I bath them to remove all the loose hairs after shampooing. The teeth on the brush are wide apart so the hairs don't stick to it, and it's very easy to clean, you just rinse it under the tap and no hairs stick to it. The furballs love being brushed with it, it's like a massage to them. I have tried the Furminator, but I returned it, because I found it too hard and they were afraid of the noise of it

:up:

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
I've tried a handful and the zoom groom works the best. It's messy.... But effective.
Wish they'd make a vacuum attachment!!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I use both the zoom groom and I have an old version of the furminator that doesn't have the hair remover button. I have bought tons of brushes and these are the only 2 that really work to remove hair.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I think Zoom Groom is the best one out there.
But mine think it's a toy and brushing time turns into a game.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Furminator and Zoom groom, the Furminator gets the under coat which REALLY helps us out.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We use the Kong Zoom Groom and they love it, plus it gets a lot of hair off.

OP
PixiesMom

PixiesMom

Aug 28, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pixie
That sounds good I think I'll give it a try :D

OP
PixiesMom

PixiesMom