Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girly parts

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
    Likes (Received)

Default Girly parts

I'm new do having a female dog so I need a little help with Macon. I am confident in my ability to take care of her feet and ears, but WOW are they bad. Her girly parts are a different story. She squats down really far when she pees and touches the ground. Not a big deal, a wipey should take care of that but there is an odd odor from her that I don't know how to handle. I think I'm not throughly cleaning her girly parts good enough. Any advice?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Girly parts

Also, I had read that some members wipe after every pee. Then on some of the articles it's says wiping too much can be a problem. I guess that's where my anxiety comes from. Well, that and the funk smell.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

I wouldn't be surprised if her anal glands need expressing considering the condition she was in when you got her. Or she could have a tail pocket with some gunk in it. I clean Winnie's tail pocket once a day. I don't think I would wipe after every pee, but that's just me. And, personally, I would let the vet express anal glands--that's just me too!

4. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

how old is your dog.. i ask because my oldest female is soon to be 8 years old.. she had one litter of pups and a few months ago i talked to my vet about having her neutered.. my vet told me she would do it but also told me when you wait that long to have a female neutered that it is much harder on them, especially if they have a little extra weight on them, but also by not having them neutered you can run the risk of infections in uterus also.. we both talked about it and decided not to have her neutered this late in life.. she is watched very close when her heat cycle is in, and we are also keeping a very close eye on her getting infections.. i do clean her often and sometimes i powder it just to keep it dry down there.. i don't clean everyday but at least weekly if i feel it looks irritated i clean her in tub.. so far its not an issue but its being watched closely

6. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

The people that surrendered her said she's 13 but the rescue vet guessed her at 9 or 10. She's been fixed but I have no idea when. We got her on Saturday August 15tg so I've only had her 3 days. It doesn't appear to be coming from her bum, it's her hoochie. Clyde sometimes has that anal glad smell and it's not that kind of odor. I don't know how to describe her weight. Her neck and chest is rather large but she has a waist. She has a lot of saggy skin on her belly. She doesn't have a tail pocket at all. If I rub her belly she'll lay down and let me clean her throughly. There is a yellowish discharge. When she pees it if gently just withe her off there is dirt from where she touches the ground. This is one more significant reason I need to get her to the vet, I need instructions on how to clean her property. I read conflicting things and don't know what in the world I'm doing!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Roseann View Post
    Also, I had read that some members wipe after every pee. Then on some of the articles it's says wiping too much can be a problem. I guess that's where my anxiety comes from. Well, that and the funk smell.
    She may have a UTI.... vet can confirm. Banks was a low pee'er too, I wiped her with an unscented baby wipe at least once a day, not necessarily after each pee. But, I did have to wipe her face, belly and paws with a cool wash cloth after each outing due to grass/tree allergies.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

9. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

I'm new do having a female dog so I need a little help with Macon. I am confident in my ability to take care of her feet and ears, but WOW are they bad. Her girly parts are a different story. She squats down really far when she pees and touches the ground. Not a big deal, a wipey should take care of that but there is an odd odor from her that I don't know how to handle. I think I'm not throughly cleaning her girly parts good enough. Any advice?
    Here's my experience with my Wheezie, she developed a uti only once but was on antibiotics for like 3 weeks. My vet said to wipe her after she pees so we do that and none since and its been about a year now.She also has a FUPA as I call it (Fat Upper Pubic Area) lol.She always has a brownish color even after cleaning.
    She sits almost on the ground to pee

11. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

We wipe Lola after every pee, she hits the ground everytime. sigh.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I was thinking with the rest of her condition maybe that just got neglected too. I don't recall ever seeing such a FUPA lol Could be I just haven't quite figured out the best method to clean her.

Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

I was thinking with the rest of her condition maybe that just got neglected too. I don't recall ever seeing such a FUPA lol Could be I just haven't quite figured out the best method to clean her.
    With bulldogs its a day to day learning experience.lol

15. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thankfully, the vet showed me how to properly clean her. No more funk smell! Well, from there anyway. So happy about that. It was kinda smellin like something died in there!!

17. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

Thankfully, the vet showed me how to properly clean her. No more funk smell! Well, from there anyway. So happy about that. It was kinda smellin like something died in there!!
    Just curious, what did the vet tell you to do differently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    check us out on Instagram: nu__berry (that's two under scrolls)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads