Girly parts

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I'm new do having a female dog so I need a little help with Macon. I am confident in my ability to take care of her feet and ears, but WOW are they bad. Her girly parts are a different story. She squats down really far when she pees and touches the ground. Not a big deal, a wipey should take care of that but there is an odd odor from her that I don't know how to handle. I think I'm not throughly cleaning her girly parts good enough. Any advice?

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Also, I had read that some members wipe after every pee. Then on some of the articles it's says wiping too much can be a problem. I guess that's where my anxiety comes from. Well, that and the funk smell.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I wouldn't be surprised if her anal glands need expressing considering the condition she was in when you got her. Or she could have a tail pocket with some gunk in it. I clean Winnie's tail pocket once a day. I don't think I would wipe after every pee, but that's just me. And, personally, I would let the vet express anal glands--that's just me too!

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
how old is your dog.. i ask because my oldest female is soon to be 8 years old.. she had one litter of pups and a few months ago i talked to my vet about having her neutered.. my vet told me she would do it but also told me when you wait that long to have a female neutered that it is much harder on them, especially if they have a little extra weight on them, but also by not having them neutered you can run the risk of infections in uterus also.. we both talked about it and decided not to have her neutered this late in life.. she is watched very close when her heat cycle is in, and we are also keeping a very close eye on her getting infections.. i do clean her often and sometimes i powder it just to keep it dry down there.. i don't clean everyday but at least weekly if i feel it looks irritated i clean her in tub.. so far its not an issue but its being watched closely

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The people that surrendered her said she's 13 but the rescue vet guessed her at 9 or 10. She's been fixed but I have no idea when. We got her on Saturday August 15tg so I've only had her 3 days. It doesn't appear to be coming from her bum, it's her hoochie. Clyde sometimes has that anal glad smell and it's not that kind of odor. I don't know how to describe her weight. Her neck and chest is rather large but she has a waist. She has a lot of saggy skin on her belly. She doesn't have a tail pocket at all. If I rub her belly she'll lay down and let me clean her throughly. There is a yellowish discharge. When she pees it if gently just withe her off there is dirt from where she touches the ground. This is one more significant reason I need to get her to the vet, I need instructions on how to clean her property. I read conflicting things and don't know what in the world I'm doing!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Also, I had read that some members wipe after every pee. Then on some of the articles it's says wiping too much can be a problem. I guess that's where my anxiety comes from. Well, that and the funk smell.

She may have a UTI.... vet can confirm. Banks was a low pee'er too, I wiped her with an unscented baby wipe at least once a day, not necessarily after each pee. But, I did have to wipe her face, belly and paws with a cool wash cloth after each outing due to grass/tree allergies.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
I'm new do having a female dog so I need a little help with Macon. I am confident in my ability to take care of her feet and ears, but WOW are they bad. Her girly parts are a different story. She squats down really far when she pees and touches the ground. Not a big deal, a wipey should take care of that but there is an odd odor from her that I don't know how to handle. I think I'm not throughly cleaning her girly parts good enough. Any advice?
Here's my experience with my Wheezie, she developed a uti only once but was on antibiotics for like 3 weeks. My vet said to wipe her after she pees so we do that and none since and its been about a year now.She also has a FUPA as I call it (Fat Upper Pubic Area) lol.She always has a brownish color even after cleaning.
She sits almost on the ground to pee

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
We wipe Lola after every pee, she hits the ground everytime. sigh.

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was thinking with the rest of her condition maybe that just got neglected too. I don't recall ever seeing such a FUPA lol Could be I just haven't quite figured out the best method to clean her.

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thankfully, the vet showed me how to properly clean her. No more funk smell! Well, from there anyway. So happy about that. It was kinda smellin like something died in there!!

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Thankfully, the vet showed me how to properly clean her. No more funk smell! Well, from there anyway. So happy about that. It was kinda smellin like something died in there!!

Just curious, what did the vet tell you to do differently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She has inverted "stuff" with excess skin. He showed me how to lay her on her side and clean her folds. It's not a big deal at all, after he showed me how to clean her. I just didn't know to actually pull her skin outward. Everything is good now with no smell.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.