Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Recently I was offered some advice in my tear-stain battle quest. One of the suggestions I got was to try a product called "NuVet Plus". I decided to research this product, I really liked what I read so I went to the web-site to order it. There were other products on the website that I thought sounded pretty awesome and ordered them as well...they were "tea tree shampoo, ear cleaner and hot spot treatment". I ordered on a Friday, they were here on Monday (morning)!
I couldn't wait to try the shampoo (I love holistic treatments and tea tree is supposedly one of the best products for humans and dogs).
We gave Bass his bath, used about two quarter size amounts of shampoo and an apple cider vinegar rinse. After he was towel dried we left for about an hour to pick up my daughter from camp...(it was 90* out, too hot for him to come). When we got home we couldn't believe how soft and shiny his coat was!!! Normally the top of his head is the softest part, but his whole body was gleaming and so soft to the touch! I was SO excited, I couldn't wait to try the other products.
I used the hot spot in between his paws and on one certain spot on his back that got maple syrup spilled on it a few weeks ago and was never the same since (my boy has crazy allergies). He didn't mind the smell at all and I LOVED it! I think it was therapeutic for me as well. :daisy:

I did his ears next (he is NOT a fan of having his ears or nose rope handled) but it was easy to use...just a few drops in, wipe w/cotton and he shook the rest out.

I don't know yet on the wafer nutrient as far as how it will help w/his tear stains as we just started it today, but I can say that he gobbled it right up. I thought he may spit it back out, sometimes I have issues with his heart preventative "treat", but he ate it just fine. Even if it doesn't resolve our tear stain problem, I really don't think we could go wrong with this product, I really like what I have read and am blogging as I go on everything new we try.

So, if you're anything like me, totally infatuated with your bully and want the best, I would definitely recommend researching this and giving it a try! I know "to each their own" when it comes to products because of allergies and bully-sensitivities...but my Bass also suffers from allergies, even from home-made remedies and this was awesome for us!

And just in-case you're wondering...I do not work for this company, I was not asked to rate or give my opinion, this is straight from an obsessed bullymom (that loves to write) :smoochwink:

photo 1.JPGphoto 3.jpgphoto.JPGphoto 2 copy.JPG

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
well he was a puppy 4 mos. old, a month after i got him that i started on the nuvet vitamins, I think. I am on his 3rd 90 day supply bottle. I have another co worker who has a Boxer who is on a daily regimen for steroids due to allergy/itchy issues. We buy each bottle together. Eversince, he reduced the size of the steroid pill down to a quarter of the pill size since giving her nuvet plus.

For my dog, His coat is very shiny and gleaming. People often comment on his overall appearance/healthwise. They see him as very healthy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thanks for all the info.....

sea-Bass is one handsome
attachment.php

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have used the NuVet supplements, I had NO idea about the other products. Thanks for the info...

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Thank you for sharing! We have used the NuVet supplements since Frank was a puppy but will definitely have to check out the grooming products.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.