punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
Thank you. Well we made it through surgery yesterday. Notice I said WE. He did really good and even through the night although I did have to give him a pain pill once during the night because he woke up crying. Vet said not to give him one till the next day but it was close enough and I wasn't going to let him suffer. The vet said it was one of the worse corkscrew tails he had seen so he had to take all of it off so now he has tubes in it to drain. But he woke up his happy little self this morning wanting to play. I'm so relieved and there's no stinky tail infection stink. My husband was happy all went well and really happy it only cost 175 dollars. I'm still going to have him sleep with me next few nights for my sake mostly . Lol image.jpg

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes I'm so glad it's done now for this poor dog to enjoy his life again. I'm off to store to get him a few extra toys while he's cooped up.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
First I'll tell you a bit about my Winstons health issues, he has an allergy to something we are not sure yet if it is food or environmental, so my vet doesn't want me to jump to surgery until we know if that my be causing the tail picks infection aswell. My vet had my using malicetic wipes at the begginning and told me to clean it twice a day for two weeks and come back, by The time I came back the infection was much,much worse he said I had over cleaned it :( which sucks cause I followed his directions perfectly. We tried 3 rounds of antibiotics, creams and still using the malactic wipes but it still was not clearing up. My breeder has since suggested using betadine twice daily and apply foot powder to prevent moisture, which has improved things but the infection is not fully gone. I'm just wondering what you guys have done to get rid of this for your babies?

Winnie also has a tight tail and a tail pocket. It has never been infected, because I found out she had a tail pocket when I took her to the vet and mentioned an odor. I'd never even heard of a tail pocket and Winnie is my 4th bully! So the vet advised me to clean her after every time she poops. Since I've been doing that, I've decided that it doesn't need to be done that often. I do it once or twice a day. I wipe her two or three times with a Malacetic wipe. Then I put some A&D Diaper Rash Cream (the treatment A&D--not the ointment) in a syringe with a curved tip and squirt it into her tail pocket. The vet recommended A&D because it is more drying than Desitin. I give her a treat before each wipe and after the syringe so she'll let me do it. Anyway, this is what has worked for Winnie. Good luck with Winston!
image.jpg

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
What a sweetheart! Rocky is a real trooper and I'm glad the surgery went well. Wow, only $175? I have health insurance that paid for 90% of Finn's surgery but I still paid a little more than that, which still was a good deal :)

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
thank you.. he seems to be doing better.. he still has drainage coming from his tubes which is the reason for the tubes.. not really sure how long to expect that to be happening.. today is only the 2nd day since his surgery.. i am still cleaning it and watching it.. i think his stitches are already starting to itch him because i seen him squirming on his butt a little..not sure how to keep him from doing that.. just trying to watch him close.. gosh,, i knew there was a reason i didn't have kids... these fur babies worry me to death.. lol

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky is doing really great since his surgery. I will be glad when he gets the tubes and stitches out. Hardest part is keeping him from playing so much with Gucci. He loves playing with her. image.jpg

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I love all the stuffed toys on the fireplace but had to laugh, they wouldn't last 2 seconds in our house! My doxie would have them all in his bed guarding them from Monty!

So glad Rocky is doing well after his op. He looks great!

Most Reactions