Nustock Questions

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Goob has had a couple of minor skin issues and vetricyn has been doing a really good job. However, as a precautionary measure, I just bought 3 tubes of Nustock as a back up. The tubes are sealed but the medical smell on the bottles is pretty strong.

Does the cream itself have a strong smell?
Does anybody have any good or bad experiences with this product.
Any suggestions to get the best results?

20150612_223515.jpgMy sleepy guy

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Goob has had a couple of minor skin issues and vetricyn has been doing a really good job. However, as a precautionary measure, I just bought 3 tubes of Nustock as a back up. The tubes are sealed but the medical smell on the bottles is pretty strong.

View attachment 89072My sleepy guy

I have it too, and it ROYALLY STINKS. I will tell you that it did help me with Tyson when I first first got him, and he had missing patches of hair on the back of his neck - some areas grew back, some didn't.. I know that Lynn @Manydogs uses it and loves it. But the stank - oh yes it stinks. Also, keep it wrapped in plastic, bc it gets oily and leaks.

ps LOVE THAT FACE!

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I have it too, and it ROYALLY STINKS. I will tell you that it did help me with Tyson when I first first got him, and he had missing patches of hair on the back of his neck - some areas grew back, some didn't.. I know that Lynn @Manydogs uses it and loves it. But the stank - oh yes it stinks. Also, keep it wrapped in plastic, bc it gets oily and leaks.

ps LOVE THAT FACE!

About to wrap it NOW! Thanks for the tip. I was just making sure I didn't get the reject supply bc of how bad it smells!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
About to wrap it NOW! Thanks for the tip. I was just making sure I didn't get the reject supply bc of how bad it smells!

Ziplock should work, I just learned the hard way, I guess when you leave it "still" it collects the oil at the bottom, and then leaks everywhere. Add that to STANK and yeah.. I washed my hands for like an hour to get the smell off. lol

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Ziplock should work, I just learned the hard way, I guess when you leave it "still" it collects the oil at the bottom, and then leaks everywhere. Add that to STANK and yeah.. I washed my hands for like an hour to get the smell off. lol

I initially put the bottles on Goob's little grooming table, left for a couple hours, and came back to a house that smelled like I had lathered that stuff all over the walls. I couldn't take it. I washed the bottles and just bagged them. I cant imagine how much worse the smell will be when I actually have to OPEN the bottles...yikes! Its good to hear that it actually works well though...I guess that's the whole point;)

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I initially put the bottles on Goob's little grooming table, left for a couple hours, and came back to a house that smelled like I had lathered that stuff all over the walls. I couldn't take it. I washed the bottles and just bagged them. I cant imagine how much worse the smell will be when I actually have to OPEN the bottles...yikes! Its good to hear that it actually works well though...I guess that's the whole point;)

Yes, I just tried to leave you a message on your page, but it doesn't let me. I was going to say you sound just like me - which all the products for Goob. I swear Tyson has his own cabinet that has every product you could ever think of, along with all kinds of meds. LOL

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Yes, I just tried to leave you a message on your page, but it doesn't let me. I was going to say you sound just like me - which all the products for Goob. I swear Tyson has his own cabinet that has every product you could ever think of, along with all kinds of meds. LOL

Hmm....weird about the message not working.... Our medicine cabinet has more stuff for Goob than it does for us. He has no medical issues but I hate to be caught off guard. I also have a list on the inside of the cabinet door of the door with Goob's weight, which medicines are for what ailments, the dosage amount, and what NOT to give him....This is just in case the hubby is home alone and Goob doesn't have mommy to step right in!!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hmm....weird about the message not working.... Our medicine cabinet has more stuff for Goob than it does for us. He has no medical issues but I hate to be caught off guard. I also have a list on the inside of the cabinet door of the door with Goob's weight, which medicines are for what ailments, the dosage amount, and what NOT to give him....This is just in case the hubby is home alone and Goob doesn't have mommy to step right in!!!

OK, we must be long lost bully sistas - I have a list of emergency phone numbers - poison line, closest ER 24/7 number, address - his insurance cards, and I also have the dosage chart & the choking procedure chart. Hey, I've never admitted this before, bc it shows my level of crazy. But hey, if someone else is the same, I feel better about it. Hahaha. Most of the times although he knows what to do, my hubby is clueless in the moment of panic, so its great. LOL

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
OK, we must be long lost bully sistas - I have a list of emergency phone numbers - poison line, closest ER 24/7 number, address - his insurance cards, and I also have the dosage chart & the choking procedure chart. Hey, I've never admitted this before, bc it shows my level of crazy. But hey, if someone else is the same, I feel better about it. Hahaha. Most of the times although he knows what to do, my hubby is clueless in the moment of panic, so its great. LOL

Thats so funny. So I'LL admit it....I have the local 24 emergency vet clinic programmed into my phone with the address already saved in GPS on my phone AND I googled it to see the fasted route there!! hahaha

I haven't done it yet but I was considering printing out the emergency procedures for bloat, CPR, heat stroke, and choking just in case!! In the past, you mentioned that you dont have any kids and I don't either. Can you imagine what it would be like for a baby!!! I dont know how these parents do it!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thats so funny. So I'LL admit it....I have the local 24 emergency vet clinic programmed into my phone with the address already saved in GPS on my phone AND I googled it to see the fasted route there!! hahaha

I haven't done it yet but I was considering printing out the emergency procedures for bloat, CPR, heat stroke, and choking just in case!! In the past, you mentioned that you dont have any kids and I don't either. Can you imagine what it would be like for a baby!!! I dont know how these parents do it!

LOL oh yeah, his reg vet & ER vet are on my favorites in my phone, haha. Yep, no kids yet. My whole family thinks I'm going to enclose my child in a bubble. LMAO, sometimes I wish I could do that to Tyson!!!

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
LOL oh yeah, his reg vet & ER vet are on my favorites in my phone, haha. Yep, no kids yet. My whole family thinks I'm going to enclose my child in a bubble. LMAO, sometimes I wish I could do that to Tyson!!!

I hear you! I have been wanting to add a little girl bully to the family but my husband says its a no go so far. When I told my mom she said, "another bulldog??? why don't you start thinking about kids?"

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

View attachment 89072My sleepy guy

What a handsome boy!

Lynn uses this brand --- [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Handsome Goob!!
You young gals are wimps! If it smells bad-it works good! Many years ago, NuStock came in glass jars.Then it kept well. Now it will eventually seep through the plastic tubes. Make sure you squish it all around to mix it well.Good advice to put it in Zip bags!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.