Funky Odor

GAbeachBum

Nov 9, 2012
Coastal Georgia
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily and Elvis
Hey guys. Lily has a funky odor about her, and I'm not sure what to do. She's very clean, and is regularly groomed by a groomer who also raises English Bulldogs, so they know about the crevices, wrinkles and so forth.

She still, however, has an odor. Is this normal? Is there something that can be done about the odor?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hey guys. Lily has a funky odor about her, and I'm not sure what to do. She's very clean, and is regularly groomed by a groomer who also raises English Bulldogs, so they know about the crevices, wrinkles and so forth.

She still, however, has an odor. Is this normal? Is there something that can be done about the odor?

What kind of odor? Like, yeasty?

OP
GAbeachBum

GAbeachBum

Nov 9, 2012
Coastal Georgia
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily and Elvis
It's hard to describe - just a little "fowl." Not enough to run me away from her, just noticable.

It's not really in a centralized location either. Just an odor eminating from her. It's almost an oily odor, I think. Like an "internal" thing funking it's way out.

Does that make sense?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I had that for a bit when Blue first started Raw. He stunk for about 2 months..lol.. then it went away. So it could very well be the food.

OP
GAbeachBum

GAbeachBum

Nov 9, 2012
Coastal Georgia
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily and Elvis
My husband just said that, to him, she smells like foot odor LOL. And her coat gets oily pretty quickly after a grooming.

OP
GAbeachBum

GAbeachBum

Nov 9, 2012
Coastal Georgia
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily and Elvis
I had that for a bit when Blue first started Raw. He stunk for about 2 months..lol.. then it went away. So it could very well be the food.

She's on Blue Buffalo lamb and brown rice and has been on it for about a year. I don't think that it's for sure the food, because she's always had this problem. I just thought now to mention it because she's practically in my lap (thunderstorm).

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It sounds like yeast, I'd try her on some good grain free food and see if it goes away, could take a month for it to kick in completely. Might want to have her glands expressed if the groomer isn't already doing so.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She's on Blue Buffalo lamb and brown rice and has been on it for about a year. I don't think that it's for sure the food, because she's always had this problem. I just thought now to mention it because she's practically in my lap (thunderstorm).

agree with the others, sounds like the food may not agree with her

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with the others it sounds like it might be yeast. Some describe this as smelling like Fritos. It could be coming from her ears. It's usually caused by a food allergy, some bullies do not tolerate grains, corn or rice.

OP
GAbeachBum

GAbeachBum

Nov 9, 2012
Coastal Georgia
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily and Elvis
OK will check with the groomer and also change to a grain-free food. Check.

Thanks, yall! Will let you know if it works.

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
Does it smell almost like drool or spit? My dog will come back from the groomer and still have a smell like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.