Bath time

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
How often should we bath him and what's the best shampoo please? Also what's the best way to dry around his tail, could we use a hair dryer on low setting? Thanks

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We don't bath ours very much, and I would say no more than twice a month. You bath them too often, and it can dry out their shin. There are many good shampoos out there, and I'm certainly no expert on it, so hopefully someone who baths their bullies more than us will chime in. You can also use a blow dryer if your bully will allow it. Mine would be scared of it and BeBe would want to eat it. LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We don't bath ours very much, and I would say no more than twice a month. You bath them too often, and it can dry out their shin. There are many good shampoos out there, and I'm certainly no expert on it, so hopefully someone who baths their bullies more than us will chime in. You can also use a blow dryer if your bully will allow it. Mine would be scared of it and BeBe would want to eat it. LOL

Agree ^^^^ I use John Paul dog shampoo at this time, but my pups get a bath maybe twice a year unless they get into something.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We have to bathe ours twice a month minimum. We use Trizchlor 4, Duoxo, or an oatmeal and lavender shampoo.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we use a tea tree oil shampoo but also have used hertz puppy shampoo. We bathe lola about 3-4 times a year. Her screw-tail pocket I dry with a bath towel, let her run loose for an hour and come back with a soft paper towel to dry inside the pocket again. I just hold the towel and paper towel there to soak up any remaining water. If you want you can go back in/around with witch hazel or douxo - something that is astringent like and will dry out on its own.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
We bathe ours twice a month and I go to the health food store and buy Castile Soap with Almond or Peppermint and add glycerine so its all natural and I rinse them with 1 part water and 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar.Helps keep them fresh :)

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
I use a shampoo from 1-800-Pet-Meds called Be Super Clean.

"Be Super Clean Shampoo is a veterinary strength anti-microbial shampoo that deeply cleans your pet's skin by killing the bacterial, fungal and yeast microorganisms that cause bad odor. Be Super Clean Shampoo is soothing and safe enough for sensitive pets and comes in a fresh cucumber and melon scent"
Be Super Clean Shampoo - Antibacterial Shampoo for Pets - 1800PetMeds

I love it, it keeps her fresh smelling and helps prevent any yeast infections :) We bath Effie about every 3 weeks or once a month :)

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
we bathe about twice a month also unless like mentioned above she gets into something :p

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.