ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Hi,

Has anyone tried the product angel eyes for tear staining? Although I was told about this product today by a friend apparently we can't buy it over here in the UK it has to be ship in from the USA, & I was wondering if any here had tried it and what everyone's take on it was as I know the majority of people on here are from the US - worth a purchase or not & and if there's anything bad about it

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I haven't used it, but have heard some people say it works well, and others have said it doesn't work at all. So hopefully more peeps will be here to weigh in on the subject. Sometimes just filtered water or a food change will do the trick.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with David... Never used it myself but have heard good and bad results

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Ive never heard of it but filtered water spose to help and I've read on here that greek yoghurt works on their food

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thanks - I'm going to give the filtered water a try, ( off to get a filter tomorrow) I've noticed her stains seem to be quite bad at the minute - but just wondered what people's take on this angel eyes was

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It worked for us and you can order it from amazon uk.

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
Now I just recently I read a few reviews on this Angels eyes that has a ingredient that is bad for dogs or cats and should only be used if a vet gives it to you. It said tylosine tartrate was bad for them. I could be wrong but I am not going to use this on my girl because after reading it twice I am cautious now.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
I use it for nula, she has problems in summer time, she must be have trouble with pollen

Which one do you get Jimmy ? I've noticed on Amazon there's wipes and powder, does it do what it says on the tin?

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Which one do you get Jimmy ? I've noticed on Amazon there's wipes and powder, does it do what it says on the tin?

I use ebay
ccf437d06d9bd18d24a4eb85fb42d3a5.jpg

I add it to the food, I live beside farm fields. They grow ( rapeseed ) which makes cooking oil. Am sure it's that as it only happens in the summer months.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
I use ebay
ccf437d06d9bd18d24a4eb85fb42d3a5.jpg

I add it to the food, I live beside farm fields. They grow ( rapeseed ) which makes cooking oil. Am sure it's that as it only happens in the summer months.

Cheers Jimmy - Think I'm going to give it a try will have to Order from Amazon tho as I can't work eBay lol

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
The woman who I used to breed diesel with has a dog who suffers with allergies. Now if you want to save money a spoon of piriton works a treat.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thanks I've not tried piriton I was wondering if she's having a problem with cut grass the field we walk her on has recently been cut and this past week her stains seem to be alittle worse now I'm think about it adds up ��

Colonelmustard

Dec 8, 2013
Fort Collins, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel Mustard
We used it last summer with Colonel, and it was great! He didn't like eating it on his dry food, so we would put some plain yogurt on his food, and sprinkle the Angel Eyes on that. In the winter time, his environmental allergies die down and he doesn't have a tear stain issue so we only used it last summer. We have since kept giving him just plain Yogurt, which has not eliminated tear stains so I know the Angel Eyes are what did it. Our vet said she does not recommend it because one of the ingredients is a hormone that she doesn't like, but I don't know of any other products out there that help like Angel Eyes do! No bad side effects or anything on our end. But I would be interested in hearing other options to avoid the hormones! Colonel's stains are pretty bad this summer and we have been cleaning them with diluted peroxide, which only works for about a day.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Now I just recently I read a few reviews on this Angels eyes that has a ingredient that is bad for dogs or cats and should only be used if a vet gives it to you. It said tylosine tartrate was bad for them. I could be wrong but I am not going to use this on my girl because after reading it twice I am cautious now.

It doesn't have Tylosin anymore, hence it doesn't work so well anymore....BTW, Tylosin is given to cattle in the states, so you should try to find meat to eat that is not fed antbiotics from birth, other wise you're ingesting Tylosine too...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online