Angel eyes

keystnlabs

Dec 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Agatha Gump
We have used it with stunning success. We now only use it "if" needed.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I don't have any experience using this product and I don't know if it works or not, but I have read that the ingredient used in it works like an antibiotic, and isn't good and should not be used long term for dogs or cats. I also read that it is banned in Canada and the UK, Europe and some other countries.
As Rosalie points out Angels Eyes is not safe. It is not even legal to use in most of the world. It is banned in the UK/Europe, Canada, Australia, etc.

You can buy it over the counter in the USA where it is legal to give livestock tylosin without a prescription BUT it is illegal to give dogs Tylosin without a veterinary prescription.

There are alternatives that do not use antibiotics and that are natural.

I use NaturVet Tear Stain Supplement, it is made in the USA and available as a powder, chew or tablet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
August 29, 2014
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is issuing warning letters today to companies manufacturing unapproved animal drugs to remove tear stains in dogs and cats. These products, including Angelsā€™ Eyes, Angelsā€™ Glow, Petsā€™ Spark, and exported products Glow Groom and Health Glow, have not been reviewed by FDA for safety and effectiveness. These tear stain removers also contain the medically important antibiotic tylosin tartrate, which is not approved for use in dogs or cats, nor for the treatment of conditions associated with tear stains. Tear stain remover products are used to treat tear staining conditions around the eyes of animals, which, in particular, is associated with a condition called epiphora, mostly in cats and dogs.
FDA has serious concerns about unapproved animal drugs. Unapproved animal drugs are not reviewed by FDA and may not meet FDAā€™s strict standards for safety and effectiveness.
These tear stain drug products may be subject to additional enforcement action should the products continue to be marketed, such as seizure of violative products and/or injunction against the manufacturers and distributors of the violative products.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
August 29, 2014
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is issuing warning letters today to companies manufacturing unapproved animal drugs to remove tear stains in dogs and cats. These products, including Angelsā€™ Eyes, Angelsā€™ Glow, Petsā€™ Spark, and exported products Glow Groom and Health Glow, have not been reviewed by FDA for safety and effectiveness. These tear stain removers also contain the medically important antibiotic tylosin tartrate, which is not approved for use in dogs or cats, nor for the treatment of conditions associated with tear stains. Tear stain remover products are used to treat tear staining conditions around the eyes of animals, which, in particular, is associated with a condition called epiphora, mostly in cats and dogs.
FDA has serious concerns about unapproved animal drugs. Unapproved animal drugs are not reviewed by FDA and may not meet FDAā€™s strict standards for safety and effectiveness.
These tear stain drug products may be subject to additional enforcement action should the products continue to be marketed, such as seizure of violative products and/or injunction against the manufacturers and distributors of the violative products.

Thanks for the info vikinggirl I'm
So glad I didn't try her on them in the end :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.