Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Angel eyes

Thanks I've not tried piriton I was wondering if she's having a problem with cut grass the field we walk her on has recently been cut and this past week her stains seem to be alittle worse now I'm think about it adds up ��

Real Name
    Huston
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colonel Mustard
    Likes (Received)

We used it last summer with Colonel, and it was great! He didn't like eating it on his dry food, so we would put some plain yogurt on his food, and sprinkle the Angel Eyes on that. In the winter time, his environmental allergies die down and he doesn't have a tear stain issue so we only used it last summer. We have since kept giving him just plain Yogurt, which has not eliminated tear stains so I know the Angel Eyes are what did it. Our vet said she does not recommend it because one of the ingredients is a hormone that she doesn't like, but I don't know of any other products out there that help like Angel Eyes do! No bad side effects or anything on our end. But I would be interested in hearing other options to avoid the hormones! Colonel's stains are pretty bad this summer and we have been cleaning them with diluted peroxide, which only works for about a day.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by boo boo butts mom View Post
    Now I just recently I read a few reviews on this Angels eyes that has a ingredient that is bad for dogs or cats and should only be used if a vet gives it to you. It said tylosine tartrate was bad for them. I could be wrong but I am not going to use this on my girl because after reading it twice I am cautious now.
    It doesn't have Tylosin anymore, hence it doesn't work so well anymore....BTW, Tylosin is given to cattle in the states, so you should try to find meat to eat that is not fed antbiotics from birth, other wise you're ingesting Tylosine too...

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Agatha Gump
    Likes (Received)

We have used it with stunning success. We now only use it "if" needed.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi, I don't have any experience using this product and I don't know if it works or not, but I have read that the ingredient used in it works like an antibiotic, and isn't good and should not be used long term for dogs or cats. I also read that it is banned in Canada and the UK, Europe and some other countries.
    As Rosalie points out Angels Eyes is not safe. It is not even legal to use in most of the world. It is banned in the UK/Europe, Canada, Australia, etc.

You can buy it over the counter in the USA where it is legal to give livestock tylosin without a prescription BUT it is illegal to give dogs Tylosin without a veterinary prescription.

There are alternatives that do not use antibiotics and that are natural.

I use NaturVet Tear Stain Supplement, it is made in the USA and available as a powder, chew or tablet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

August 29, 2014
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is issuing warning letters today to companies manufacturing unapproved animal drugs to remove tear stains in dogs and cats. These products, including Angels’ Eyes, Angels’ Glow, Pets’ Spark, and exported products Glow Groom and Health Glow, have not been reviewed by FDA for safety and effectiveness. These tear stain removers also contain the medically important antibiotic tylosin tartrate, which is not approved for use in dogs or cats, nor for the treatment of conditions associated with tear stains. Tear stain remover products are used to treat tear staining conditions around the eyes of animals, which, in particular, is associated with a condition called epiphora, mostly in cats and dogs.
    FDA has serious concerns about unapproved animal drugs. Unapproved animal drugs are not reviewed by FDA and may not meet FDA’s strict standards for safety and effectiveness.
    These tear stain drug products may be subject to additional enforcement action should the products continue to be marketed, such as seizure of violative products and/or injunction against the manufacturers and distributors of the violative products.

LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    August 29, 2014
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is issuing warning letters today to companies manufacturing unapproved animal drugs to remove tear stains in dogs and cats. These products, including Angels’ Eyes, Angels’ Glow, Pets’ Spark, and exported products Glow Groom and Health Glow, have not been reviewed by FDA for safety and effectiveness. These tear stain removers also contain the medically important antibiotic tylosin tartrate, which is not approved for use in dogs or cats, nor for the treatment of conditions associated with tear stains. Tear stain remover products are used to treat tear staining conditions around the eyes of animals, which, in particular, is associated with a condition called epiphora, mostly in cats and dogs.
    FDA has serious concerns about unapproved animal drugs. Unapproved animal drugs are not reviewed by FDA and may not meet FDA’s strict standards for safety and effectiveness.
    These tear stain drug products may be subject to additional enforcement action should the products continue to be marketed, such as seizure of violative products and/or injunction against the manufacturers and distributors of the violative products.

Thanks for the info vikinggirl I'm
    So glad I didn't try her on them in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes Biogirl71 liked this post
    Real Name
    Mike
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruce
    Likes (Received)

We've tried it on our shih-tzu before and it worked..
    Meet Bruce from Denver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads