Wiping your Bulldog

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ok thanks, ill get some, tried the q tips and he didnt like them going under. Do I just use that or dilute it?

straight up! no need to dilute

OP
Brucey Baby

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
straight up! no need to dilute

Got some witch hazel and gave it a quick go earlier, he didnt moan about being sprayed and it flushed some out so going to do it again later and give it a good go. Thanks alot

OP
Brucey Baby

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Luckily we're friends with the breeder and they came up to ours last night for a bbq and I bit the bullet and asked her how she did it before we had him. I didn't want to do this as I didn't want them to think we couldn't look after him properly. She got him and picked his tail up, as soon as she touched his tail he moaned but when she picked it up he didn't make a noise at all, apparently he doesn't like his bum being touched so what I thought was going to be a difficult life long challenge was shown to be pretty simple haha. Thank you everyone for your advice, its nice to know good advice is given pretty quick :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Try to check that it is not infected. If he is liking it less and less all the time, it sounds like he is hurting. You could try lifting him on the table also. for some reason they are more calm on the table. Ear cleaners are also good for tail pocket cleaning.

OP
Brucey Baby

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Try to check that it is not infected. If he is liking it less and less all the time, it sounds like he is hurting. You could try lifting him on the table also. for some reason they are more calm on the table. Ear cleaners are also good for tail pocket cleaning.

Ye I thought it could be infected so started to worry that why I bit the bullet and asked the breeder who we got him from and when she lifted his tail up he didn't moan 1 bit and it wasn't sore, just need to keep an eye on him and do what she did

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Tried both haha. I did it earlier before I came to work and he fell out with me, he just walked off and sulked haha. He's ok when wiping his tail and round his bum but as soon as you try to lift his tail up then that's when he doesn't like it
No its not their favorite thing.I use baby wipes for after potty.I use witch hazel for the tail pocket.Be very careful about this especially pulling the tail up because you can dislocate it or sprain it.Good luck

OP
Brucey Baby

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Last 2 night he's been absolutely fine so think weve nailed it, thanks again :)

anna0270

Jun 1, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Marty and Lucy
He may have a sore under his tail. My 6 year old bully just had a nasty sore under his that we had no idea about. It was the first time we ever had any problems at all with his tail pocket. I find it best to do as another recommended, just sliding a wipe under the tail and not actually using your fingers. I think this aggravates them less. Just be sure to try and dry it as much as possibly because the damp, wetness can cause more problems.

OP
Brucey Baby

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
He may have a sore under his tail. My 6 year old bully just had a nasty sore under his that we had no idea about. It was the first time we ever had any problems at all with his tail pocket. I find it best to do as another recommended, just sliding a wipe under the tail and not actually using your fingers. I think this aggravates them less. Just be sure to try and dry it as much as possibly because the damp, wetness can cause more problems.

Ok great thanks :-)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.