The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Our regular groomer left PetSmart so we have been looking for a new place to take Harlea. We just had a Pet Club open up so we are going to give them a shot on Monday as my wife basically interviewed them this morning. She was impressed with the head groomers knowledge and the services they provided. One that that she was really happy about though was they only use 100% natural products and mix shampoos in house specific to each dogs needs whether it is allergies, dry skin or other things. So we will see how it goes. I hope it works out.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
In Copperfield. The Kroger center at West and Hwy 6. There is also one by you in Cinco Ranch on Westhiemer.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Omg, they better be careful with the baby!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds good.... sure hope it all goes well.

I hate when you lose a groomer or a hair stylist --- they just "poof" disappear and no one will tell you where the

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hope everything works out… our groomer is amazing, and it's so nice to be able to trust someone w/your babies!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I figured someone would stay with her. It is completely nerve racking trying something new with these guys!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Yeah. The girl that had the most success trimming Ambers toenails left Petsmart here too and I am at a loss for where she went. She was the only one who gained Ambers trust enough to get the job done in an hour. Amber still bit at the clippers and howled but at least the girl wasn't afraid of Amber and would talk to her and get it done. The others see Amber coming and immediately run for the hills. :w00t: Amber sees them and starts bucking, pulling, screaming (yeah not barking, screaming like a stuck pig) even before she sees the trimmers. Needless to say, Ambers toenails look more like talons right now. It is too stressful for me and her so we haven't been at Petsmart lately, we are trying......digging in the garden area to see if we can work on the toenails naturally. :pray2:lol

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Yeah. The girl that had the most success trimming Ambers toenails left Petsmart here too and I am at a loss for where she went. She was the only one who gained Ambers trust enough to get the job done in an hour. Amber still bit at the clippers and howled but at least the girl wasn't afraid of Amber and would talk to her and get it done. The others see Amber coming and immediately run for the hills. :w00t: Amber sees them and starts bucking, pulling, screaming (yeah not barking, screaming like a stuck pig) even before she sees the trimmers. Needless to say, Ambers toenails look more like talons right now. It is too stressful for me and her so we haven't been at Petsmart lately, we are trying......digging in the garden area to see if we can work on the toenails naturally. :pray2:lol

Have you ever tried using a Dremel? We were never able to find someone we trusted to cut Frank's nails and I would do it myself but it is very stressful and I cut the quick one time and it traumatized me and poor Frank. Then I got a Dremel and it has been so much better. It is so easy to keep up with his nails now.

- - - Updated - - -

Our regular groomer left PetSmart so we have been looking for a new place to take Harlea. We just had a Pet Club open up so we are going to give them a shot on Monday as my wife basically interviewed them this morning. She was impressed with the head groomers knowledge and the services they provided. One that that she was really happy about though was they only use 100% natural products and mix shampoos in house specific to each dogs needs whether it is allergies, dry skin or other things. So we will see how it goes. I hope it works out.

How did the new groomer do with Harlea?

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
WE have tried the dremel and so has Petsmart; Amber is just a butt about her feet. She is absolutely terrible. We play with her and when she is laying down are getting her use to us just touching her feet but even that sets her off. Nothing wrong with them, she just freaks out about the feet every single time. The digging is working to some degree so hopefully that is our solution for now. Thanks!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
WE have tried the dremel and so has Petsmart; Amber is just a butt about her feet. She is absolutely terrible. We play with her and when she is laying down are getting her use to us just touching her feet but even that sets her off. Nothing wrong with them, she just freaks out about the feet every single time. The digging is working to some degree so hopefully that is our solution for now. Thanks!

I am glad that the digging is working! We just got very lucky that Frank isn't too touchy about his feet. I know so many dogs cannot stand their feet to be touched, let alone machinery near them! I wish Frank liked walking more because it would help keep his nails shorter.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Did it end up going well? I'm a groomer myself, so I hope it did.
I don't see very many bulldogs and it makes me sad. I would take a Bulldog over a Doodle any day LOL

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.