Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: Prep H

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Prep H

As a holistic house call veterinarian, many of my patients are geriatric dogs in need of hospice care. A challenge facing many senior dogs and their owners is maintaining the skin and coat health around the anus, vulva, and prepuce (the sheath housing the penis). These areas often accumulate bodily secretions, which cause skin irritation and increase potential for infection (skin, urinary tract, other).
    Besides keeping hair trimmed appropriately short, using a non-irritating wipe can help promote cleanliness. I like Preparation H Wipes, or comparable witch hazel and aloe products, which have natural antiseptic and soothing qualities.
    These wipes can also be used to clean feet, faces, and ears. Packages can be kept in your home, car, or office and make great stocking stuffers.
    There are so many more products available to dog and cat lovers that can make great gifts. Before purchasing or accepting just any pet product, consider the potential positive or negative health implications. Ultimately, your pet will thank you for it.

Dr. Patrick Mahaney
    Image: KellyNelson / via Shutterstock
    < Previous Post
    Next Post >

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on google_plusone_share Share on pinterest_share Share on email More Sharing Services
    Save to mypetMD

Comments 9

Leave Comment
    register | Login |

Editor's Picks

10 Myths About Heartworms
    Managing Pain In Dogs
    10 Natural Flea Control Methods for Dogs

Subscribe to The Daily Vet
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

2. Likes Texas Carol, Donnam, ddnene, nycbullymama liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    United States
    Yorba Linda (The OC), California
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Prep H

Hug your bully today

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Central Texas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Prep H

Great help & good advice for our pups...thanks, Lynn!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Remove Ads